Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

29 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Your reps don't call you? Mine call me a few times a week just to see how my life has been enhanced by their virtuous efforts. Weird... 

I insist they respond to my request for help. Even if it is just to say my idea is retarded. Perhaps your expectations are too low. I habe had US Reps call me in responses.

Sometimes you need to push a little.

I just got a response.  I emailed 3 and only 1 responded (well their assistant did) and it took 9 days.

Matthew,

This is definitely something that the Representative will look into. We understand your argument, as well as the argument from the other side vouching for more awareness. We will do some research, and hopefully come up with a fix to this issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon Sagraves

Legislative Aide | Representative Steve Hambley Rep69@ohiohouse.gov

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

My expectations are not too low. They're non-existent. 

That's how the commies will win!

Also, no response at all from any of the 'every' representative that I contacted for my area. Seeing how I expected a response about as much as I expect to win the next powerball megabillions, I'd say I'm doing about as well as I could have thought possible. 

I got the response that I shared as well as another. I was 2 for 3. I guess I'm doing pretty good here in no mans land. Maybe my Representatives never hear from anybody. The 2nd one was interesting. I think it was from the assistant and said something to the effect of: That's rather interesting but the Republicans are in control right now and you may have more success if you get them on board. 

26 minutes ago, durk said:

I got the response that I shared as well as another. I was 2 for 3. I guess I'm doing pretty good here in no mans land. Maybe my Representatives never hear from anybody. The 2nd one was interesting. I think it was from the assistant and said something to the effect of: That's rather interesting but the Republicans are in control right now and you may have more success if you get them on board. 

Because no matter the issue, republicans and democrats can by no means work together to fix a problem. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Capture.JPG

Nice.  But BOSE is kinda like Harley Davidson...you pay a LOT for the name, but you dont get a whole lotta product for your money.  Bose dealers are held to a minimum markup on their product, or they lose their license to sell it.  You wont find that with many other brands!

1 minute ago, Qman said:

Nice.  But BOSE is kinda like Harley Davidson...you pay a LOT for the name, but you dont get a whole lotta product for your money.  Bose dealers are held to a minimum markup on their product, or they lose their license to sell it.  You wont find that with many other brands!

I agree. And never would have shelled the money out for them, but my co-worker has them. And when you flip the noise cancelling switch, you basically go deaf to the world. Absolutely worth the money.

34 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I got a set of bluetooth Bose sport earbuds. Not much difference in price compared to Beats or Jaybirds. :dunno: They sound amazing for earbuds, but not as nice as my Sennheiser Over-The-Ears.

Sennheiser makes some nice stuff.  Have a pair of their HD650s.  Too bad my ears aint what they used to be!   Sold off most of my hi-end HIFI goodies.  (Have a really nice Cinepro Limited Edition 500 WPC power amp if anyone is interested). Beats ® are even more overpriced than BOSE ® , if that's possible!

Bose HQ is awesome. Their R&D is unreal and that's also a lot of what you're paying for.

But yea I'm not buying that shit, I'll just take the hand me down demo items I sometimes get from work

Edited by Bad324

I received a response,  and they are going to take acton:

"Thank you for emailing Senator Balderson regarding concerns with earphone/earplug use and motorcycles. Senator Balderson received your message and asked me to look into it for him. I contacted the Ohio Department of Public Safety and they researched the issue. They concluded that it was inconsistent with state law to have that paragraph on encouraging the use of hearing protection in their motorcycle handbook, and they will be removing it from future editions. They also told me that if it is something we would like to change, it would become a legislative issue.

I have talked to Senator Balderson about potentially formulating a new bill that would allow motorcyclists to wear earplugs for health reasons to prevent hearing loss. Although I certainly can't guarantee anything at this point, I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue and are looking into it. Senator Balderson is an avid motorcyclist himself, so he is always interested in helping out fellow motorcyclists. 

I will stay in touch with you if I have "

:smh:

Apparantly, common sense has no business in legislative or beaurocratic matters.
Edited by Connie14
  • Upvote 2

I disagree, that paragraph should be removed. He is a biker and sounds like he may help. This is a decent response.

This is a process gang, I have been down this road. Next week we call all the asshats that didn't respond.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/6/2017 at 5:34 PM, electrode said:

UPDATE:

I wanted to update you that Rep. Goodman as decided to introduce a bill to address this issue. We are currently gathering co-sponsors, and plan to introduce the bill within the next two weeks.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. We will keep you informed on the progress of the bill going forward. If you'd like to participate in the process, there will be an opportunity for proponents of the bill to testify in support of it during committee hearings.

Sincerely,

Brent Rossman
Legislative Aide
Representative Wesley Goodman
Ohio House of Representatives
District 87

Rep87@ohiohouse.gov

Contact your Reps gang...we got a bill for real.  This is huge.

The bill is real and alive.  We need to show up en-mass when it goes to hearing.  I know from past experience that the reps will gauge how important something is based on the number of supporters in the room.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA132-HB-280

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The bill is real and alive.  We need to show up en-mass when it goes to hearing.  I know from past experience that the reps will gauge how important something is based on the number of supporters in the room.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA132-HB-280

Keep us informed and I will definitely show up wearing earplugs while riding. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Tonik said:

Awesome. Didn't think we had a chance.

• Tonik pinned this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic