Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

12 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

How can I "1st World Anarchist" if they fix the law?

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

If they fix it, I will help you find another law to ignore. I promise.

Ok, found one.  Anal is illegal in Cincy.  So after they fix this head on down there and anal it up.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, hiro said:

There are Website on which an online petition can be created and signed. Like change.org Would that be helpful?

I thought about that. We would get like 50 signatures. My therory on this method is maybe one of our reps will look into it....and all the other ones we contacted will say 'yea, I heard about that..lets fix it'

Edited by Tonik

Just now, jschaf said:

Not worried about being arrested for wearing earplugs.  How about we put an end to this speeding harassment problem, lol.

The ear plugs will be an extra hundy when you get tagged for speeding.

Not in my experience.  It is a silly law though. Almost as silly as the once proposed Ohio law to require seatbelts on motorcycles. Only time I ever got a speeding ticket on a bike I was riding my cbr250r.

Edited by jschaf
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

If they fix it they'll pass it in fall session. Numb nuts will sign it November and won't go into effect 90 days later

Yea, if they actually listen to us it will be tacked on to something else in the fall during silly season.

14 hours ago, blue72beetle said:

Hahahaha you guys are funny.... thinking politicians actually listen to us.

On April 1st I will be able to store my gun in my car at the school I work at, because the politicians listened to us. Now us gun nuts are far more organized than us motorcycle nuts but it was still a grass roots movement, not the NRA, that made this change happen.

• Upvote 1

That cop that gave the ticket for wearing earplugs musta been having a bad day. I remember one incident where I was going through Rocky River and was pulled over for swerving (Early spring and avoiding pot holes and manhole covers) I literally told the officer when he walked up to me "one second, I cant hear you let me take my helmet off and my ear buds out." He said ok (I think), let me take my helmet off and my earbuds out, asked me why I was swerving, I told him, he let me go.

Never said anything about ear plugs/ headphones.

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

That cop that gave the ticket for wearing earplugs musta been having a bad day. 

I got written for 13 over in Southern Ohio a couple of years ago.  He didn't mind my ear plugs either.

He wasn't having a bad day, he was pissed as hell.  He got 911 calls on some bikes, multiple LEO's chased them down at 115 mph and 2 of them ran.  So in his head it was: 'I will write you for everything I can think of and maybe you won't do this again'.

Not giving any of the riders a hard time for what happened at all, just pointing out how it looked from the cops point of view.

But none of that matters.  This is a stupid law that accomplishes nothing other than giving a pissed off cop a way to f' with you.

• Upvote 1

When I got pulled over last year I had earbuds in and was not ticketed for it. I kept my helmet on, however, until the very end when he handed me the ticket. I just pulled the earbud cord from my phone as soon as I pulled over. One of his 1st questions was didn't you hear me back there? I responded no, but for sure said nothing of my earbuds. He did see them, but by that time he was telling me to take it slow through Cadiz because he had radioed ahead to them. Grant it this was not a state highway patrolman. He could not have been impressed though. He thought I was running and had radioed ahead. 

29 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

a gsxr squid must have been involved. 

I'm guessing he missed his blinky lights and was trying to find a way to compensate by getting the Staties to turn theirs on.

• Tonik pinned this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic