Hi from NE Columbus

MSerfozo

Hi.  My name's Mark from Columbus.  I ride what was once a brand new, unmolested '01 Bandit 1200.  Until day 2 of ownership - then the modifications began.  Every time I think I need a new bike, I just mod something to make the old Bandit a bit different.  In the 16 years and 50k miles  I've had it (it's an "it", not a "her"), nobody has put a wrench to it except me.

I really don't enjoy touring and avoid the superslabs at all costs.  I have a trip planned to the NC, TN, GA, SC mountains in Sept for the 4th year in a row.  Yes, I trailer down & back but ride all day when I'm down there.  Last year we rode over 1000 mi of twistys in 3 days - 425 mi on one day almost never in top gear.

I found you guys from a link at the Mid-Ohio trackday page and I've been thinking of doing a trackday but not sure I want to invest in the required gear.  Modding the bike, I have no problems with!

I've ben a member on a couple of Bandit forums (fora?) for years and photos are "strongly encouraged" there so here's one from the parking lot at work last week.

Seems like a good bunch of folks here and I look forward to hanging out.

Bandit2017_800.jpg

• Upvote 2

I also do not enjoy super slabs but I do enjoy touring very much. There are a few of us to go down to the mountains you speak of two or three times a year. And sometimes we'll go down and back and never hit the freeway. 

Anyway welcome to the shitshow hope to see you out and about.

Just now, motocat12 said:

Unsure about those fork slider guards 

After the USD fork swap I wanted something to protect the sliders from road debris.  The forks are from a 1st gen Hayabusa and I couldn't imagine THAT FENDER on my Bandit.

I researched and taught myself how to bend and form acrylic sheet one cold winter weekend and that's the result.  I haven't given up on the idea of a front fender but it hasn't yet floated to the top of the mod list.

• Upvote 1

I did a custom sv650 lexan led plate frame tail that took entirely too long but with other mods wanted bright low profile illumination for less police attraction 

before i blacked out the sides

6180251803_9d2b62330a.jpg

I put a 2005 r6 fender on 02 axial brake gsxr750 forks that hugged a lot closer than the std and was a fairly easy mount aside from needing the speedo sensor integrated.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...