Saturday Shakedown - 3/4 Hocking Hills

what

***Cancelled due to cold weather moving in***

I need to get the SV out and blow out the cobwebs as there finally seems to be some interest in the bike so I want to stretch its legs a bit this weekend. I will be doing a short-ish ride Saturday to get the dust off. 

My proposed route is here: https://goo.gl/maps/5GQH46TBxsy

Meet time would be noon at the Canal Winchester/674 exit BP station off of 33. End point is whenever people want to break off and head home. Fuel stops here: Marathon Gas - 5220 OH-78, Buchtel, OH 45716 

Pace will be brisk. 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, whaler said:

This is why I hate anyone who loves south of Mansfield this time of year... its like NEO is a different f$!&ing continent.

Somebody did something really bad along time ago and we all have to suffer the bad weather karma.

It's four damn degrees different. I would be all over this if I wasnt doing Grandpa stuff.

22 minutes ago, Tonik said:

It's four damn degrees different. I would be all over this if I wasnt doing Grandpa stuff.

Don't worry, you will get plenty of chances, Whaler goes into full on two wheeled hysteria in March!

1 hour ago, Wolfman1 said:

Don't worry, you will get plenty of chances, Whaler goes into full on two wheeled hysteria in March!

Maybe we can get him out Sunday. According to his forecast it's a degree warmer up here than it is in C-Bus that day.

55 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Maybe we can get him out Sunday. According to his forecast it's a degree warmer up here than it is in C-Bus that day.

The difference is not just temperature.  Cloudy versus sunny, precipitation versus no precipitation.  Just the difference in solar load makes a huge difference in perceived temperature.

Of course we just had a week of great February weather capped off with a 78 deg day which rolled right into a 35 deg day with snow.  That and I need something to bitch about... we are so close to full time riding weather, the last 4-6 weeks of this shit is harder than the previous 4 months.

6 hours ago, whaler said:

The difference is not just temperature.  Cloudy versus sunny, precipitation versus no precipitation.  Just the difference in solar load makes a huge difference in perceived temperature.

Of course we just had a week of great February weather capped off with a 78 deg day which rolled right into a 35 deg day with snow.  That and I need something to bitch about... we are so close to full time riding weather, the last 4-6 weeks of this shit is harder than the previous 4 months.

Understood. I needed something to bktch about too. So I picked bitching about your bitching.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to go ahead and call it now so everybody can go ahead and make other weekend plans - I won't be going out Saturday. I don't have cold weather gear and a high of 40 is too low for me to want to ride in. 

I'll save this route for later this spring though and re-post it. 

3 hours ago, thompsonian said:

Rumor has it that the white shit from the sky is supposed to be falling in this area tonight as well so....

Somebody tell snow that if it wants to come over for winter, it needs to get here on time and not stay late.