Video 2017 February Adventure Ride

B-Mac

Cool video, great to see that you are prepared for that sort of riding especially alone. I was sitting at my computer thinking "how the hell is he going to get out alone" and then comes the ropes! Also were the guys that helped just passing bye?

On 3/3/2017 at 10:14 PM, theroamr said:

Nice...... I'm new to adventure touring and would like to know some places to off road. Nothing to tuff. Anywhere in SE Ohio you can recommend. I'm from Mentor bit do all my riding in SE Oh.

The ADV Ohio Columbus Gent's Have a (TOT) Trans-Ohio-Trail gps route You could jump on at East Liverpool and ride for day's. It is a mix of gravel, back roads with some chalgen sections thrown in for a skills test. like the creek I was stuck in. The owner of the route is (Swingset) on ADV:  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/adventure-in-ohio.28732/

PM him a msg and ask for the TOT GPX Route. I think he is on here if you can find the old Adventure thread.

Brian.

18 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

@B-Mac, have you and @theroamr ridden together before on pavement?  It'd fun to see what what you guys would get into off road...

On Asphalt, I have only ridden with you twice and the epic rides I've been on I have been attached to Jschaf's wing. I have ridden with Derek twice.

We just finished a ride yesterday in the Tar Hollow area. It's always a good time with lot's of laughs.

March%20ADV%20Ride%202017-00-05-47-264.j

March%20ADV%20Ride%202017-00-04-37-245.j

March%20ADV%20Ride%202017-00-19-50-752%2

March%20ADV%20Ride%202017-00-23-11-491.j

March%20ADV%20Ride%202017-00-18-24-921%2

100_0468.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:35 AM, bowdog said:

Cool video, great to see that you are prepared for that sort of riding especially alone. I was sitting at my computer thinking "how the hell is he going to get out alone" and then comes the ropes! Also were the guys that helped just passing bye?

The Two Gentlemen that stopped by to help were the Malta Township road crew members. That BIG man picked up the front and set it aside like a case of beer. Saved me about 2hours of slow winch-en. Good people from Malta.

2017Feb24%20TOT-13%20-%20Copy.jpg

Edited by B-Mac

10 hours ago, Qman said:

'What tires u runnin on that Strom?

I have been running Mitas Dakar Tires since purchasing this V2 in July 2015

Mitas tires, (Dakar) sidewall
E-07: 50% Street/50% Dirt tire
E-10: 40/60
E-09: 20/80 Harder Compound

. My Standard set-up is the Mitas E-07 Dakar tire that work great on all surfaces and weather. During winter and spring I go with the E-010. Now I am trying the E-09 on the rear for spring riding plus I have some off road trips planed in CO.& UT this year. The E-07 did fine on the Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) The Dakar has a very stiff sidewall that helps with my cast wheels and lower air pressures during some off-road works.

Check them out, YMMV

B.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

I have been running Mitas Dakar Tires since purchasing this V2 in July 2015

Mitas tires, (Dakar) sidewall
E-07: 50% Street/50% Dirt tire
E-10: 40/60
E-09: 20/80 Harder Compound

. My Standard set-up is the Mitas E-07 Dakar tire that work great on all surfaces and weather. During winter and spring I go with the E-010. Now I am trying the E-09 on the rear for spring riding plus I have some off road trips planed in CO.& UT this year. The E-07 did fine on the Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) The Dakar has a very stiff sidewall that helps with my cast wheels and lower air pressures during some off-road works.

Check them out, YMMV

B.

Thanks.  I'm still pretty much stuck to the street with my big GSA, with some mild gravel on occasion.  BUT, I just picked up a WR250R for playing in the dirt!

25 minutes ago, Qman said:

Thanks.  I'm still pretty much stuck to the street with my big GSA, with some mild gravel on occasion.  BUT, I just picked up a WR250R for playing in the dirt!

My 2004 DL1000 was used 95% fast street and sport touring with the occasional gravel to get to a specific location off road like a lake, camping or event. I found the Metzlar Tourance tires were the best all-around for me. Very predictable when pushed. I think all tires of today are much better than what I road on back-in-the-day. The WR250 is a great bike with a large following and many aftermarket parts to fit your needs. I had a WR450 set up for desert riding that  I brought from AZ. when I moved here in 2010. Sold it for a Z1000.  It's all GOOD.

BMacWR450AZ.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...