Harbor Frieght 1000 Motorcycle lift table AND Mods

flashesbuck

So on this beautiful February day I decided to invest in a lift table. Great little table from harbor Freight for around 300 bucks. But I hate the wheel vice on it, so I immediately started to hack into it when i got it home. I am still in the process of fabricating a new Wheel vice that would allow one person to easily load and lock a bike. 

IMG_20170218_153434_zpsmohiugze.jpg

IMG_20170218_153444_zpsm7hp9vau.jpg

IMG_20170218_153447_zpszb9djca5.jpg

IMG_20170218_153449_zpsbhcq4zw9.jpg

IMG_20170218_174042_zpsq6i5gsgi.jpg

Here is an update to the lift, im almost finished with the Bike Vice. It works OK. I should have used square tubing, as opposed to the L angle. No where near me sells square tubing. I needed like 1x2 square that would be ideal. 

It still holds the bike well, and the addition of a swing arm lift makes it really secure. No straps needed. But I did add the u-bolts that were supplied with the lift, but put them underneath. I figured if i ever needed to use them, they would serve there purpose there. If not, I can flip them over. Ill never find them again if i put them anywhere else. 

IMG_20170219_102655_zpsjohrf8oa.jpg

IMG_20170219_102706_zpshspt8ach.jpg

IMG_20170219_160315_zpsg7ydsryb.jpg

In the photos the lift is on the lowest lock point. If you raise the bike all the way up to the top lock point, its really to high. It also make me nervous up there. Really tho, lifting the table all the way up makes for a nice bench with no bike on it. 

And when i dont need the lift, i can zip the bolts out of the bike vice, (welded nuts on underneath) and park the truck right over top of it. 

• Upvote 1