Open Invite (Except Casper) Sunday cuz IP sucks.

Tonik

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Sunday was different, we had daylight limitations. And with the LEO delay good thing we didnt eat lunch.

LEO Delay??? Speak for yourself!   I think I made the 77 mile trip home in about 38 minutes.  

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, bowdog said:

River Queen is by far the best down that way...try there Ribeye next time, absolutely phenomenal, for ten bucks you get Ribeye, baked potato and salad! Damn now i have to go down there, thanks Tim!!

Definitely need a 3 hour nap after eating that!  NO WAY I'd wanna ride after getting all food-drunk!

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2017 at 0:39 PM, DerekClouser said:

Fortunately for Mark, he had a rear facing GoPro recording at the time.  He sent me a video showing the cop hauling around a long corner and then lighting him up.  Definitely no way he could have paced him.  Mark pulled over right away.  Once all this gets resolved, I'll let him release the actual footage for you guys to see.   

Promised an Update:

Final resolution was ticket settled for +19mph (2pts) and dropped the earplug/earbud ticket.  Total Cost: $150+Lawyer. 

4 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Promised an Update:

Final resolution was ticket settled for +19mph (2pts) and dropped the earplug/earbud ticket.  Total Cost: $150+Lawyer. 

I'd call that a win. Not a financial win but a legal win.

53 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Promised an Update:

It is what it is, we have all been there, pay the ticket and get back out on the road.  Its a lot better than reckless operation, 4 points, $150 fine, court costs, and license suspension.  Don't forget your increased insurance bill $$$$$$.

9 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Now I'm on a mission of doing a public request for the officer's dash cam footage.  (so I can do a YT video with it)

Anyone ever do this before?? Any luck?  Tips ?

Yea, its easy. I fulfil them all the time at work.

If it exists. Dunno the Highway Patrols retention policy. Name of officer, date and time.  Include the ticket number...the more info the better. If they dont respond in a reasonable time let me know. The next step is easy and fun...but if it is available you wont have any trouble.

I said several times, do the request right away. They may have tossed it by now.

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/crash.stm

Did the ticket go to trial? Sounds like a plea deal to me. Just curious.

And now that it is demonstrated that the cop lied I would file a complaint against the officer. 

Edited by Tonik

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

If it exists. Dunno the Highway Patrols retention policy. Name of officer, date and time.  Inxludd the ticket number...the more info the better. If the dont respond in a reasonable time let me know. The next step is east and fun...but if it is available you wont have any trouble.

I said several times, do the request right away. They may habe tossed it by now.

And now that it is demonstrated that the cop lied I would file a complaint against the officer. 

This is my email: 

I'd like to request the dash cam footage of Officer S. Bittinger from Feb. 19th 2017 at 15:24pm.  

The stop was of a green Kawasaki ZX6-R near Rt 70 and 800 in Barnesville, OH in Belmont County. 

Please let me know how I can retrieve this footage.

Thank you very much.

Derek Clouser

As for the other questions, Mark was never involved, his attorney handled everything.  He 'believes' it was all handled at pre-trial. 

2 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

As for the other questions, Mark was never involved, his attorney handled everything.  He 'believes' it was all handled at pre-trial. 

Yup that what pretrial stuff is all about. Once it's hashed out you show up to court and the judge ask what was worked out and if both parties agree and its a done deal. Just went through this last year with my boy.

Ohio has decided that officer footage, either dash cam or otherwise is public record, which you can request through FOIA and they have to provide unless its an ongoing investigation...i.e.; officer involved shooting or something similar.  You may have to jump through some hoops to get it though, as every jurisdiction has slightly different criteria for the request.  A lot of the time it's one poor dispatcher that has a ton of more pressing jobs to do, that has to dig out the info from a poorly planned storage and organizational system.  Also, seems retention policies vary greatly.  I'm told in the small city I live in, the two officer cam footage is only retained for 30 days. 

On 3/31/2017 at 5:28 PM, Tonik said:

If it exists. Dunno the Highway Patrols retention policy. Name of officer, date and time.  Include the ticket number...the more info the better. If they dont respond in a reasonable time let me know. The next step is easy and fun...but if it is available you wont have any trouble.

I said several times, do the request right away. They may have tossed it by now.

I sent the email on Friday and called them today cause I hadn't heard anything.  They said it takes about 4 weeks to get a response.   That seems kind of long?

Just now, DerekClouser said:

I sent the email on Friday and called them today cause I hadn't heard anything.  They said it takes about 4 weeks to get a response.   That seems kind of long?

Not at all, that is typical of a big org.  Bet it is more like 2 or 3 weeks.  Under promise, over deliver.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Not at all, that is typical of a big org.  Bet it is more like 2 or 3 weeks.  Under promise, over deliver.

Fair enough, you said if they don't respond in a 'reasonable' time.   Wasn't sure what 'reasonable time' meant. 

4 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Fair enough, you said if they don't respond in a 'reasonable' time.   Wasn't sure what 'reasonable time' meant. 

At 45 days I would start looking into filing a complaint.

http://www.ohiocourtofclaims.gov/alternative-dispute-resolution.php

But I really don't think you will have any trouble with the Highway Patrol.  Bigger cities are an issue, State is pretty good at that.