Open Invite (Except Casper) Sunday cuz IP sucks.

Tonik

Sorry didn't respond last night.  Also made it home.  Nice enjoyable ~335 miles or so. 

Was a good day of riding until the end.  All I heard was sirens everywhere.  

Allegedly the cop reported he paced the 3 of us at 100+.  There's no way that was even possible.  I never saw him until he lit up Mark and I'm always looking in my mirrors. 

9 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Sorry didn't respond last night.  Also made it home.  Nice enjoyable ~335 miles or so. 

Was a good day of riding until the end.  All I heard was sirens everywhere.  

Allegedly the cop reported he paced the 3 of us at 100+.  There's no way that was even possible.  I never saw him until he lit up Mark and I'm always looking in my mirrors. 

If I were Mark I would go to court on that. First off call and see if the court date can be changed chances are if it's changed the trooper might not be able to go and it will be thrown out. Second even if the trooper shows, there was not a radar clock it was a estimated or guessed pace and they might throw out the speed part of it or maybe at least reduce it.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

If I were Mark I would go to court on that. First off call and see if the court date can be changed chances are if it's changed the trooper might not be able to go and it will be thrown out. Second even if the trooper shows, there was not a radar clock it was a estimated or guessed pace and they might throw out the speed part of it or maybe at least reduce it.  

Yea, I said the same thing, also 100% told him to fight the ticket for earplugs

Just now, DerekClouser said:

Yea, I said the same thing, also 100% told him to fight the ticket for earplugs

I would for sure try to change the court date. Chances are the trooper tries to group all his tickets he writes for one court date so he can knock as many out as he can in one showing. There is a slim chance if you change it he wont show. Dos'nt always work but I've heard a few people tell me this.

And the part where the trooper said if you all would have stopped no one would have gotten a ticket just a lecture? I CALL  BULLSHIT! He was fucking lying because he was pissed and wanted y'all to fell guilty for Mark. If you all would have stopped, you all would have gotten tickets. Guaranteed!!

Just talked to my buddie who is a cop and biker. He is calling bullshit on the "running" part. Mark was lit up, people in front of him were not. If the cop wanted all of you he should have passed you and waved each of you over.

• Upvote 1

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but cops can guess and it sticks. Exact same situation that our rider is facing, cop clearly didn't pace the person and it still stuck.  All the way to the Ohio Supreme Court.  I would still try and fight it though, the cop lied on the ticket..he said 'pace' he didn't say 'estimate'.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2010/06/police_officers_visual_estimat.html

Would love to cross examine that cop.  'Clearly you were lying when you wrote the ticket, or you are lying now.  How is the court to know which is which regardless of your answer'.

That alone would be worth the price of court costs.

Edited by Tonik