Food Pr0n Thread

Bad324

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 5:35 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Mexican pickles stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. A fantastic after-hill repeat treat. 

IMG_5657.JPG

I make these and add previously smoked pulled pork in the mixture. Sooo good

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On March 26, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Bad324 said:

Korean BBQ beef wrap!

IMG_3360.JPG

I'll have to show you what real Korean meat looks like one of these days.

Side story, I was brining in bulgogi in for a department potluck during this winter and the day before my manger in front of her entire teams said " ok and Tim, you are still bringing in bukkake right?" 

You shoulda seen my face, and the faces of everyone else that heard her say that.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

Baby steps of being able to fit into a suit by Memorial Day weekend 

kebob and asparagus for dinner. chicken is to throw on kale salad crap for lunch this week

IMG_3507.JPG

Edited by Bad324

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 7:51 PM, Bad324 said:

Baby steps of being able to fit into a suit by Memorial Day weekend 

kebob and asparagus for dinner. chicken is to throw on kale salad crap for lunch this week

IMG_3507.JPG

What is this pan that you have the asparagus in? Grown to like asparagus and looking for a way to cook it where it isn't all soggy.

25 minutes ago, bowdog said:

What is this pan that you have the asparagus in? Grown to like asparagus and looking for a way to cook it where it isn't all soggy.

My wife got this for me for a birthday gift so assuming it came from Amazon. All we do is marinade the asparagus in just a very little bit of olive oil and a bunch of balsamic vinegar. I throw it on the grill and sprinkle some spicy Montreal steak seasoning on it and it's amazing. I've done the same thing with green beans and it was good too

My favorite way to cook asparagus is to stir-fry it in sesame oil.  Just long enough for it to get hot through but not soggy.  If you want you can splash a little soy sauce on it at the end to give it an Asian twist.  Serve with sesame seeds or pistachios on top.

Steaming asparagus is nice too with butter and salt, or Hollandaise if you really want to get fancy and make a vegetable unhealthy!

50 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Grown to like asparagus and looking for a way to cook it where it isn't all soggy.

Don't cook it as long. Not trying to be a smartass but what pan it is in or how you cook it...you have to not cook it so long.

1 hour ago, bowdog said:

I marinate it in a mix of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, thyme along with red and yellow peppers slices. Let it sit for an hour and then throw on the grill. Did this on Mother's Day with 2 very nice Tuna steaks. 

• 2 weeks later...

At the request of @Bad324

3 lbs eye of round roast (or London Broil)  

Cutting the meat is the most important step.  Trim off as much fat as possible.  Cut into slices 1/4 inch thick (the more constistent the better).  Cut with the grain of the meat.  Tip** it's much easier to cut if the meat almost completely frozen.   

1/2 cup Soy sauce 
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Terrayki sauce (or pineapple juice, or Coca Cola, or anything sweet) 
2 tablespoons liquid smoke 
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon meat tenderizer 
1 teaspoon garlic powder 
1 teaspoon onion powder 
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder

Put everything in a large ziplock bag and refridgerate overnight.

Takes 5-7 hours to dehydrate.  Time depends on your dehydrator and how thickly you sliced the meat.

You'll wind up with something like this.  Way better than store bought and healthier.

IMG_20170605_154743867.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 2