I just purchased the slowest new bike on OR

PhilD'oh!

You're right Dan, I can see this thing shedding hardware on a regular basis.  Fortunately, I also have a large plastic container of metric hardware.  I bought a bunch of bolt on accessories when I got this thing and have found a need to replace a lot of the screws and bolts because they aren't quite long enough.  Ural uses a lot of nylon insert lock nuts, but the included bolts only engage the nylon part by a thread.  Good thing the Menards down the road has a good selection of metric ss stuff. 

9 hours ago, PhilD'oh! said:

You're right Dan, I can see this thing shedding hardware on a regular basis.  Fortunately, I also have a large plastic container of metric hardware.  I bought a bunch of bolt on accessories when I got this thing and have found a need to replace a lot of the screws and bolts because they aren't quite long enough.  Ural uses a lot of nylon insert lock nuts, but the included bolts only engage the nylon part by a thread.  Good thing the Menards down the road has a good selection of metric ss stuff. 

Safety wire all the things.

Edited by TimTheAzn

On 2/13/2017 at 9:04 PM, Tonik said:

My wife will give you a handy if you take her for a spin. Sidecar is on her bucket list.

When we at the IX MC show I saw a little twinkle in your wife's eye when she saw the Ural sidecar!  

14 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

When we at the IX MC show I saw a little twinkle in your wife's eye when she saw the Ural sidecar!  

Yea, she is really excited about this.  She was talking about it last night again.

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Safety wire all the things.

My pan's a shaker.  (Surprize!).  I've had good luck using NEW hardware (old stuff wears and is loose) and blue Loctite.  Down side of this is I can no longer find my way back by odd parts laying in the road. :)

3 minutes ago, AndonD454 said:

Doubt it's slower than the grom! 

Very cool though

41hp and 750lb, 3 wheels and 2 wheel drive. It MAY have a higher top speed but by many measures the Ural is slower. However I'm sure like the Grom it is a ton of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Qman said:

Its that boxer engine that makes it great!  :lol:

Jap tech was to complicated for them to copy so they went with something a little more "Simple"

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1