Africapalooza

Tonik

So at the IX Center we met a dude that runs motorcyle tours of Africa.  Not sure we are going with him, but 100 percent sure the wife and I are doing this.  Africa has always been on our bucket list anyway.  Doing it on a guided bike tour makes it even more awesome.  Looks like about 12 grand pretty much all inclusive plus air fair there and back.

Fall of 2018.

http://www.renedian.com/renedian-adventures-motorcycle-safaris/motorcycle-safari-1-waterfalls-and-wildlife

• Upvote 1

Seriously, the wife and I could be in for this. Does your wife ride or would she ride 2-up with you. My wife has her license but since her accident, she hasn't ridden solo since but she's cool 2-up. We were just talking about going to Africa. I'll see what she says.

Edited by ScubaCinci
typo

On 1/28/2017 at 7:55 PM, Tonik said:

So at the IX Center we met a dude that runs motorcyle tours of Africa.  Not sure we are going with him, but 100 percent sure the wife and I are doing this.  Africa has always been on our bucket list anyway.  Doing it on a guided bike tour makes it even more awesome.  Looks like about 12 grand pretty much all inclusive plus air fair there and back.

Fall of 2018.

http://www.renedian.com/renedian-adventures-motorcycle-safaris/motorcycle-safari-1-waterfalls-and-wildlife

Met Rene and his wife when they gave a presentation at the local BMW dealer a few years ago.   His book , University of gravel roads is really good.

• Upvote 1

Did some quick math last night and this would basically be a $15,000 trip if going 2up and about a $18,000 trip with two bikes by the time you figure in your flights and all that. It would be awesome to do but that's not going to happen for a long time. I don't think I've spent $18k on all my vacation combined for the last 5 years. Maybe when we are empty nesters and the house is paid off we can look into trips like this. But we'll have to add it to the long list of other expensive trips we would like to do.

Did a fly&ride into Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina back in 08 with Ayres tours.  Incredible.  Do it while you can!  The worst part about the trip was crossing borders....so if you can stay in one country, you aren't wasting vacation time sitting and waiting.

I'd also like to do New Zealand...but the flight time is LONG!

Edited by Qman

17 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Last time I was in Auckland, we ran into a guy with a BGSU Falcons shirt.  Once he retired, him and his wife sold everything and moved to New Zealand.  He said the immigration process was lengthy.

I hear their socialized healthcare is really bad.  Know i guy that moved from NZ to the states (pre ACA) to get away from it.  

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Theres a business that does guided tours all over the world, from Italy to the mountains of California and have track days included at whatever famous track is nearby.

Are you thinking of Edelweiss? I'd like to do one of their trips

• 3 months later...