Breaking News!! Drugs used for death penalty....

Tonik

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Are you serious? Just read your post. You said you don't care about laws and break them at will, but would ditch the mullet-mobile if they said you had to. 

If the penalty for driving it was prison, yes. That would deter me from ever driving it again. 

That's a deterrent, something I would otherwise be willing to do, I'm no longer willing to do because of new consequences.

I would oppose such a law as stupid and frivolous, but as long as it was law, it's not worth the risk.

If it were something I cared more about, I'd be more apt to risk it, but it would certainly deter me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

12 percent of all death row inmates are totally exonerated....not only spared the death penalty but actually determined innocent and set free. And it happens at a rate of 130 times more than general crimes.  Chances are extremely high that we have murdered a great many innocent people in cold blood in the name of the death penalty.

Those in favor of the death penalty are at the very least guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and should be put to death.

Glad we're going there.

County and state prosecutors are no longer interested in truth, justice or your constitutional rights.  All that matters is winning; even if the guilty person(s) are known and proof exists.  They'll even hide evidence that would prove your innocence.  They will take the word of a jailhouse snitch that wants an early parole knowing the asshat is lying through his teeth.  They'll make deals and accept reduced sentences for rapists and any other lowlife especially if they roll over on someone, anyone else.  Do NOT get me started on defense attorneys.  All they want is paid.

I've broke laws knowing the penalty.  Will continue to do so providing my conscience is clear and I know I'm constitutionally and morally right.  I will do so because justice fails me or mine.  You can call that revenge if you like, but if a female family member is assaulted and the perprtator walks, ask yourself what would you do?

1 minute ago, Wandering Soul said:

You can call that revenge if you like, but if a female family member is assaulted and the perprtator walks, ask yourself what would you do?

Visit him every Sunday in jail and ask him how he likes taking it up the ass from Bubba.

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

I have two.  One flown over the USS Arizona on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor and one flown over Camp Ramadi in Iraq.

:usa:

Yea? I have the turbin osama bin laden was wearing when freedom knocked on his door and shot him in the face.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I don't believe in rehabilitation. I believe in justice. However, if guilt isn't proven enough to execute, how can we keep that person locked up? They're either guilty or they're not? There's zero compassion or civility in the incarceration of a person that isn't 100% known to have committed the offense. 

So, take away the death penalty. That's fine, but you can't just hold someone because "were not quite sure, but at least we won't kill him."  

That's totall bullshit. 

I think the point of removing the death penalty is you can let an innocent person out of jail. Digging up a dead guy is pointless.

22 hours ago, Wandering Soul said:

County and state prosecutors are no longer interested in truth, justice or your constitutional rights.  All that matters is winning; even if the guilty person(s) are known and proof exists.  They'll even hide evidence that would prove your innocence.  They will take the word of a jailhouse snitch that wants an early parole knowing the asshat is lying through his teeth.  They'll make deals and accept reduced sentences for rapists and any other lowlife especially if they roll over on someone, anyone else.  Do NOT get me started on defense attorneys.  All they want is paid.

This is not uniformly accurate. 

While you are speculating and generalizing, I can tell you, with absolute certainty, there are numerous cases where you're wrong. 

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redkow97 said:

This is not uniformly accurate. 

While you are speculating and generalizing, I can tell you, with absolute certainty, there are numerous cases where you're wrong. 

Perry Mason doesn't count.

What experience have you had?

22 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

Perry Mason doesn't count.

What experience have you had?

My current job. 

Youre trying to tell me that I, and all my coworkers are "just out to win."  I can unequivocally tell you that our boss has fired and will fire people for that attitude. 

We are mandated to pursue justice and present the truth - whether it helps our case or not. 

I cant stop you from generalizing, and there are certainly some assholes who fit the mold you describe, but to claim that everything is an injustice is patently false. 

• Upvote 1

Professional stereotypes are based in fact, but there are honest mechanics. There are smart and hard working trash collectors. There are even strippers paying their way through college. 

Its not unreasonable to believe there are honest prosecutors. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, redkow97 said:

Professional stereotypes are based in fact, but there are honest mechanics. There are smart and hard working trash collectors. There are even strippers paying their way through college. 

Its not unreasonable to believe there are honest prosecutors. 

4 hours ago, redkow97 said:

My current job. 

Youre trying to tell me that I, and all my coworkers are "just out to win."  I can unequivocally tell you that our boss has fired and will fire people for that attitude. 

We are mandated to pursue justice and present the truth - whether it helps our case or not. 

I cant stop you from generalizing, and there are certainly some assholes who fit the mold you describe, but to claim that everything is an injustice is patently false. 

No "reasoning" on my part; going on my experience.  Limited to Ohio and Kentucky concerning me or blood family, but that's how it's been.