Breaking News!! Drugs used for death penalty....

Tonik

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

"Causes inmates to violently struggle and gasp for air..."

Yeah...it's called "dying". 

The old method didn't do that, first drug knocked you out, second drug paralyzed you, and third drug stopped your heart...

That was the humane/painless method upheld and approved by the supreme Court. 

Torturing people, even people you intend to kill, is a no-no.

latest?cb=20140315014416

Thanks New York

Seeking a more humane method of execution than hanging, New York built the first electric chair in 1888 and executed William Kemmler in 1890

trigger warning

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/descriptions-execution-methods?scid=8&did=479#electrocution

Edited by motocat12

Death sentence is usually for 1st degree murder of one or more people by whatever means.  Do you think the murdered victim(s) didn't suffer and take a few minutes to die?  I don't care how they execute a murderer..  Hang 'em, shoot 'em, electrocute 'em; doesn't matter.  I don't care what a bunch of snowflakes think.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

What if they're not guilty? 

12 percent of all death row inmates are totally exonerated....not only spared the death penalty but actually determined innocent and set free. And it happens at a rate of 130 times more than general crimes.  Chances are extremely high that we have murdered a great many innocent people in cold blood in the name of the death penalty.

Those in favor of the death penalty are at the very least guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and should be put to death.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wandering Soul said:

Death sentence is usually for 1st degree murder of one or more people by whatever means.  Do you think the murdered victim(s) didn't suffer and take a few minutes to die?  I don't care how they execute a murderer..  Hang 'em, shoot 'em, electrocute 'em; doesn't matter.  I don't care what a bunch of snowflakes think.

Revenge is not justice, regardless of what Hammurabi says.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magley64 said:

I feel like we're stuck in a loop, many of these same people having the same discussion.

I have been copying and pasting from my old posts for a couple of years now. Working on a way to automate it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magley64 said:

Revenge is not justice, regardless of what Hammurabi says.

Death penalty isn't revenge. It's a penalty for a crime. Penalty is even in it's name to help people understand the concept. It's a sick twisted penalty, but it is a penalty none the less.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

Is prison revenge?

Shouldn't be. My personal view on prison is twofold. 1. Deterrent, people like freedom, they're less likely to act poorly if their freedom can be removed temporarily.

2. Segregation of dangerous individuals. Some of the people can't be trusted to live in a civilized society.

1 minute ago, magley64 said:

Shouldn't be. My personal view on prison is twofold. 1. Deterrent, people like freedom, they're less likely to act poorly if their freedom can be removed temporarily.

2. Segregation of dangerous individuals. Some of the people can't be trusted to live in a civilized society.

Prison is only a deterrent for law abiding people. Segregation and punishment are all it does. Which is fine.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Prison is only a deterrent for law abiding people. Segregation and punishment are all it does. Which is fine.

Prison is a deterrent for anyone who values freedom... I could give a shit about laws, and break them constantly. I'm in no way "law abiding" and I'm okay with that. If there were a new law saying "anyone caught driving a Camaro will go to prison" I'd unload my car without a second thought... A Camaro matters less to me than my freedom in general.

7 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I don't believe you and I share the same definition of "freedom". 

Also, you contradicted the piss out of yourself in this post. 

Freedom in this context means "not locked in a cage"

And by all means point out my contractions...

9 minutes ago, magley64 said:

And by all means point out my contractions...

You oppose the death penalty for mass murders but support the death penalty for unborn children whose only crime is being in the wrong womb.

HTH

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1