Bad324

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Feb jobs smash expectations. Unemployment down to 3.5 percent.

Thanks Trump!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/us-jobs-report-february-2020.html

It's easy to find employment when bodies line the streets because of a failed viral containment policy. 

Also did you know that Hitler escaped to Antarctica in 1944 and built a Nazi mega-base under the ice to control the flat earth from afar and perpetuate the zionist globe agenda???

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The US and South Korea found their first case of Corona on the same day.

South Korea has tested 270k people for Corona, about 5200 per million. We have done 74 tests per million. It is very much under control on South Korea without a ton of closings and sheltering.

Thanks Trump.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

The US and South Korea found their first case of Corona on the same day.

South Korea has tested 270k people for Corona, about 5200 per million. We have done 74 tests per million. It is very much under control on South Korea without a ton of closings and sheltering.

Thanks Trump.

From what I read...

South Korea rushed their COVID 19 test development.  They took a chance and released a test that skipped some of the normal testing steps.  They took a risk and it paid off, thankfully.  If it had not worked, South Korea might be in a situation like Italy.  But it did work.

Our CDC on the other hand took a less risky approach, which took more time, and did not result in a better test than South Korea's.   The CDC's protocols exists for a reason, but in the case a a fast spreading, mutating virus...speed is critical.  I'm certain the CDC will be reevaluating their methods.

Why not do both?   Why not have a fast track plan A, with a less risky plan B running concurrently?

• Like 1

The number ill be looking at comparing us to anyone else is cases per million. Obviously S.K. will have fewer cases and deaths the US has 6 times more people.  But those number won't tell us anything till it's all played out. 

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

The number ill be looking at comparing us to anyone else is cases per million. Obviously S.K. will have fewer cases and deaths the US has 6 times more people.  But those number won't tell us anything till it's all played out. 

Not that easy.

We are only testing people that show symptoms. South Korea is testing everyone they can....and they are finding that 30 percent of their cases are young people that have it...but are not showing any symptoms. Those are people that we will never test.

Reminder, Trump was on TV day after day saying we had boatloads of kits and were testing all over the place for the first few weeks of this. It was all a lie, we had no kits. Those people at the first major outbreak in that retirement home in California sat there for a long time without tests. Cleveland didn't start testing until late last week.

He lied, for quite some time about. I was going to vote for him again, just to piss of the liberals. Can't do that now.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Reminder, Trump was on TV day after day saying we had boatloads of kits and were testing all over the place for the first few weeks of this. It was all a lie, we had no kits. Those people at the first major outbreak in that retirement home in California sat there for a long time without tests. Cleveland didn't start testing until late last week.

He lied, for quite some time about. I was going to vote for him again, just to piss of the liberals. Can't do that now.

There's more to that story.

It's been discussed pretty openly in some of the briefings.

Many patient who were vulnerable and even more family and bystanders in the elderly age group kept coming to hospital last week with no concern for the disease. When we would advise them to be safe avoid contacts and stuff they would tell me it’s all a hoax and i was wondering where is such a View point developing. All I see was panic and more panic in social media. I don’t have tv hence don’t know what actual media says. Then One of the Doc in forefront of the fight bought this clip up in discussion and I couldn’t believe it. Worst part is just a random search shows avg age of Fox News audience is 64-65 / a major chunk above 80 that’s even worse. 😑

I do understand these days it’s all opinion channel and there are no news channel. That’s why I don’t even have tv and waste time on it. People just want to watch what they want to see and hear. There is no gathering info and analysis by individual, just spoon fed vitriol and hate 24x7 from either side.  All over the world same deal. it’s propaganda spreading and political mind altering from left or right happening on a daily basis. But when it comes to actual science there should be no excuse for this kind of approach and attitude. a hard truth based on science and facts which affects all of humanity shouldn’t be altered like this.  Media shouldn’t be the judge of what’s right and wrong about science as it evolves. This right here was a massive disservice to the US. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Not that easy.

We are only testing people that show symptoms. South Korea is testing everyone they can....and they are finding that 30 percent of their cases are young people that have it...but are not showing any symptoms. Those are people that we will never test.

China was widely blamed for doing this hush hush job resulting in world spread. We should have learned from them. 

then we proceeded to do the same by not believing it and other crap. I think mr trump was taking more information and input from political and economic pundits rather than actual Cdc and health care experts. It was sort of gamble to save the economy vs acting on an unseen threat. It was quite evident from the difference in opinion about this disease right from the podium by mr trump and dr faucci 

On hind sight he should have trusted the scientific world and information that was gathered from around the world. Instead of encouraging and reassuring investors and market should have focused on common people. Er on the side of caution and approached this aggressively from the start and led the fight. Would have had a better outlook when compassion clarity and strength coming from the top. 

better approach would have been mobilizing more fund like what happening right now, keep economy in life line and stop and curb this way earlier. Mike DeWine is doing exactly The right thing. Need extreme approach to start with, 

as they say any measures we take before pandemic appears extreme and afterwards it seems inadequate. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I think mr trump was taking more information and input from political and economic pundits rather than actual Cdc and health care experts.

Does he even have any experts left that work for him? They all seem to have quit long before this. He has intentionally surrounded himself with yes men and women. He lives in an echo chamber.

27 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Who the fuck watches Fox News with any amount of belief in their "reporting"? 

11 minutes ago, Tonik said:

FTFY

Agreed.  I tend to read both for sake of comparison.  Fox and CNN and both dripping with partisan bias.

Did you know that Fox has more viewers than CNN...I was not aware of that until recently.

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Agreed.  I tend to read both for sake of comparison.  Fox and CNN and both dripping with partisan bias.

Did you know that Fox has more viewers than CNN...I was not aware of that until recently.

I will believe it when I read it on the AP Wire. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Did you know that Fox has more viewers than CNN..

I believe most of their audience is liberals. It gives them something to bitch about. I don't know much about what Fox says except from the libs on Twitter.

46 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Liberals are spread out by the multitude of other options MSNBC/ABC/CNN/CBS