unOFFICIAL Thanks Trump thread.

Bad324

19 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Pelosi has done more to energize the Republican voting base than anyone other than maybe Trump himself.

"If" Trump wins, a lot of Democrat fingers are going to be pointing in her direction.

In her defense, she knew this and did not want to do it thus the months of delays before she started. She got pushed into it.

Edited by Tonik

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was the act of a rebellious teenager. She should be embarrassed by her actions. Imagine what she would say if he had done that to her speech. 

Whether you like him or not a public display of disrespect to our President should not be tolerated.

6 minutes ago, snot said:

That was the act of a rebellious teenager. She should be embarrassed by her actions. Imagine what she would say if he had done that to her speech. 

Whether you like him or not a public display of disrespect to our President should not be tolerated.

I agree, but it was tit for tat. He refused to shake her hand at the beginning when she offered it.

They all suck.

• Upvote 3

On 2/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, Tpoppa said:

Pelosi has done more to energize the Republican voting base than anyone other than maybe Trump himself.

"If" Trump wins, a lot of Democrat fingers are going to be pointing in her direction.

7 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I'll actually be surprised if that footage isn't used in Trump campaign add.

I read an article about how Trump is weaponizing the presidency after his acquittal, and agree with you two--Pelosi will undoubtedly be the unwitting star of Trump attack ads. She handed them a loaded gun, and they WILL use it. Jen is right; Pelosi's impetuous and very public act is something one would expect from a second grade classroom.

Haven't closely followed the detail of Bernie's plans.  Is this right?  I don't see how these numbers could work.

https://www.city-journal.org/bernie-sanders-expensive-spending-proposals

All told, Sanders’s current plans would cost as much as $97.5 trillion over the next decade, and total government spending at all levels would surge to as high as 70 percent of gross domestic product. Approximately half of the American workforce would be employed by the government. The ten-year budget deficit would approach $90 trillion, with average annual deficits exceeding 30 percent of GDP.

The $97.5 trillion price tag is made up mostly of the costs of Sanders’s three most ambitious proposals. Sanders concedes that his Medicare For All plan would increase federal spending by “somewhere between $30 and $40 trillion over a 10-year period.” He pledges to spend $16.3 trillion on his climate plan. And his proposal to guarantee all Americans a full-time government job paying $15 an hour, with full benefits, is estimated to cost $30.1 trillion. The final $11.1 trillion includes $3 trillion to forgive all student loans and guarantee free public-college tuition—plus $1.8 trillion to expand Social Security, $2.5 trillion on housing, $1.6 trillion on paid family leave, $1 trillion on infrastructure, $800 billion on general K-12 education spending, and an additional $400 billion on higher public school teacher salaries.

This unprecedented outlay would more than double the size of the federal government. Over the next decade, Washington is already projected to spend $60 trillion, and state and local governments will spend another $29.7 trillion from non-federal sources. Adding Sanders’s $97.5 trillion—and then subtracting the $3 trillion saved by state governments under Medicare For All—would raise the total cost of government to $184 trillion, or 70 percent of the projected GDP over ten years

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Because Bernie Sanders is a kooky old man with a good heart... but not an economically sound mind?

I consider myself a 60/40 right-leaning swing vote.  Give me someone better to vote for than Trump and I probably would, but there's no way I could vote for Bernie Sanders.  His plan is economic suicide...although, little if any of his plans would pass both the House and Senate.

Of the Democrat candidates, the only one that has a platform I could try to get behind is Klobuchar, but I don't think she is "left enough" to get the Democratic nomination.

• Upvote 2

On 2/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, Tpoppa said:

I consider myself a 60/40 right-leaning swing vote.  Give me someone better to vote for than Trump and I probably would, but there's no way I could vote for Bernie Sanders.  His plan is economic suicide...although, little if any of his plans would pass both the House and Senate.

Of the Democrat candidates, the only one that has a platform I could try to get behind is Klobuchar, but I don't think she is "left enough" to get the Democratic nomination.

Havent heard squat from the Libertarian candidates.  

On 2/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, Tpoppa said:

.....I could try to get behind is Klobuchar, but I don't think she is "left enough" to get the Democratic nomination.

This hits at the core of our current political crisis. Kasich wasn't 'right enough' to get the nomination last time, so now we got Trump. Our nomination process does not reflect the needs of the country, it reflects the needs of the extremists in each party. At this point we may end up having to choose between Trump and Bernie. That is no choice.

• Beer 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...