Bad324

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, DAC said:

U.S. Treasury:  $5,900 interest free loan.

#ThanksTonik

I may not understand this fully because I'm new to it but we owed $54. Then I added the deductions for the two kids being born, student loan interest and mortgage interest and BOOM hello $3k in my pocket for a family vacation this year that the government wasn't getting directly from me 

3 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I may not understand this fully because I'm new to it but we owed $54. Then I added the deductions for the two kids being born, student loan interest and mortgage interest and BOOM hello $3k in my pocket for a family vacation this year that the government wasn't getting directly from me 

The Govt held it for 1-12 months for free

Keeping in mind the money in my case and Bads is intended to remain liquid..my new car and his vacation...the interest is not really worth discussing.

My 5900 deposited over 12 months would have earned 32 dollars in interest.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I know what an interest free loan is.

I meant the deductions part of having kids, mortgage interest that I paid to the mortgage company and loan interest that got paid to the student loan company. All of that had to get paid anyway and there was nothing being paid directly to the government from me. 

11 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

.... there was nothing being paid directly to the government from me. 

Exactly, yea we gave away 30 bucks. But the 'IRS savings plan' is money you dont even think about until it drops into your lap. Then it can become a cool semi life event. New bike, part of a car that knocks you payment way down or a cool vacation.

BTW, when the kids get older I suggest Punta Canta. Awesome water resort there for the kids.

52 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

You have the ability to control that.  You could also have an interest free loan for 1-12 months, then of course you owe at tax time.   I prefer to claim zero allowances then get a big fat return.   Some years it's been over $10k.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Keeping in mind the money in my case and Bads is intended to remain liquid..my new car and his vacation...the interest is not really worth discussing.

My 5900 deposited over 12 months would have earned 32 dollars in interest.

You're doing it wrong. Online savings would have netted me 59. My vanguard star fund would have netted me 475 dollars. I'd rather owe than get a refund. 

32 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

You're doing it wrong. Online savings would have netted me 59. My vanguard star fund would have netted me 475 dollars. I'd rather owe than get a refund. 

I am calling BS. Vanguard is only up 1.5 percent for the last year. You might want to have @TimTheAzn help you with your math.

Screenshot_20170319-121315.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 10:10 AM, Bad324 said:

Might this be a govt subsidy of future taxpayers and certain industries such as banking?

Where does the FED get the money to loan the US Govt from?

I know, big questions with little answers, just want to see what people say

On 3/19/2017 at 10:39 AM, Bad324 said:

I know what an interest free loan is.

I meant the deductions part of having kids, mortgage interest that I paid to the mortgage company and loan interest that got paid to the student loan company. All of that had to get paid anyway and there was nothing being paid directly to the government from me. 

Interest deductions doesn't make much difference, it's the Earned Income Credit (EIC) for the children, that's where the bulk of your money is coming from. Assuming you claim 3 dependents all year.

I hear people bitch about EIC because they've heard numbers over $5k from single moms. It's actually a program for families with children, whats wrong with that? We can play world policeman but we can't help Mom's  and dad's?