unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

3 minutes ago, max power said:

We could just have it finish at the shack for those who want to attend the cookout. 

Its right off 60 which connects to 70.  

Much better than a parking lot cookout. 

There's a covered picnic area at the boat launch with a few of those camp-ground grills next to it. Grills, not girls. Camp ground girls aren't the kind of girls you want to be around. 

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yea, the boat ramp is good as far as I am concerned.  I think what happened is someone though it would be cool to use the fishing shack, which it would be if it wasn't tuff geographically for the western contingent....then that morphed into other spots somehow. And yea, the lady at the gas station said it is empty except during the fair in September.

I mentioned the fishing shack since I'm almost certain the  mconnelsville boat ramp is only 20 min from the fishing shack and it would have more amenities. I'm good with whatever works best for the masses. 

1 hour ago, what said:

There's a covered picnic area at the boat launch with a few of those camp-ground grills next to it. Grills, not girls. Camp ground girls aren't the kind of girls you want to be around. 

I've watched people piss on campground grills. No one has pissed on Joel's Grill. 

I hope. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, max power said:

We could just have it finish at the shack for those who want to attend the cookout. 

Its right off 60 which connects to 70.  

Much better than a parking lot cookout. 

How bout someone post some coordinates for the shack so the rest of us can oogle with Google maps!?

2 minutes ago, Qman said:

How bout someone post some coordinates for the shack so the rest of us can oogle with Google maps!?

Whipkey dr Waterford Ohio 

It won't show it on Google maps. It actually shows up as Milner Road because it was bypassed years ago. Punch in Sunset Ln., Waterford, OH. It's along the river the next street east. N of 339

• Upvote 1

As of now, the boat ramp is more than ample location.  Plenty of space for those who trailer, the lady at the gas station says it's rarely ever busy except during fair time in September.  There was plenty of space for us to be way clear of anything else.   

I'm thinking it will be a fine spot. Gives time for the SW Ohio group to mingle as well.   We bring our own grill anyway so it doesn't matter if they pee on the on-site grills regardless. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

As of now, the boat ramp is more than ample location.  Plenty of space for those who trailer, the lady at the gas station says it's rarely ever busy except during fair time in September.  There was plenty of space for us to be way clear of anything else.   

I'm thinking it will be a fine spot. Gives time for the SW Ohio group to mingle as well.   We bring our own grill anyway so it doesn't matter if they pee on the on-site grills regardless. 

Which boat ramp, the one across the street from the gas station that I posted a pic on or the larger one that someone else posted on? Either spot will work IMO.

Edited by Wolfman1

23 minutes ago, Wolfman1 said:

Which boat ramp, the one across the street from the gas station that I posted a pic on or the larger one that someone else posted on? Either spot will work IMO.

The larger one. It really is perfect, its big. Not busy and is state run so they won't mind us being there.

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2017 at 3:30 PM, max power said:

Whipkey dr Waterford Ohio 

It won't show it on Google maps. It actually shows up as Milner Road because it was bypassed years ago. Punch in Sunset Ln., Waterford, OH. It's along the river the next street east. N of 339

Rode by there today.  Not far from a gas station.  Would work for a stop!  The semi-dismantled cooling tower down the road is an interesting piece of rust-belt Americana!

Edited by Qman

3 minutes ago, Qman said:

Rode by there today.  Not far from a gas station.  Would work for a stop!  The semi-dismantled cooling tower down the road is an interesting piece of rust-belt Americana!

Where was the gas station? We went north of downtown for gas, is there something south?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I will be riding down solo again! (GF working like crazy hours with her job short staffed) Win for me! :)

Man May 20th cannot get here fast enuff! Ordered and received that MRA X-screen touring(clear) add-on. (Joe had one on his Yamaha during the October Deals Gap trip).

Cant wait to test it out. Soon as the temps warm up some and this damn rain stops!!!

New battery is sitting next to me waiting to go into the bike. Hopefully I get alot of riding time and miles in long before the Ohio ride comes, to see if that the problem with my bike comes back. Hopefully NOT! heh

I've joined several facebook riding groups and I'm overall trying to find more folks to ride with, maybe its only me coming down from Michigan, maybe more? heh