unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

7 hours ago, whaler said:

@DerekClouser we should take a recon trip down and see and talk to people to make this a little easier.  Just like New Concord.  Then it will be official with no surprises.

With the awesome weather we're supposed to be having this weekend, I can run the route on Sunday and see what kind of options there is and report back. Or..c'mon down for a scouting run and see for yourselves! Just give @JustinNck1 or myself a shout if you need anything.

9 hours ago, whaler said:

@DerekClouser we should take a recon trip down and see and talk to people to make this a little easier.  Just like New Concord.  Then it will be official with no surprises.

Definitely the plan, just wanted to get a few suggestions of where to start our journey.  

10 hours ago, whaler said:

13 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Definitely the plan, just wanted to get a few suggestions of where to start our journey.  

I will be down that way Sunday, and probably Monday both on the bike.  I will look around. that southern boat ramp Tim found looks very promising.

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

What about the bigger boat ramp and park by the fair grounds just off 376. Looks like plenty of parking.

br2.JPG.a43248e7b25ce4d63de5ec54c15cadc6.JPG

58a6efd48426a_br1.thumb.JPG.36957e108910ada4b32f85f22358e22b.JPG

This looks much larger than the first boat ramp I found.  My vote is for here, there is a shit ton of space, trailer friendly and just outside of town with a gas stop.  Plus we got some shaded areas to set up for the grill master after the ride.

@marlboro man ,his culdesac in Beverly, dog patch,  might be a great spot. There's a grill, deck, et cetera. No traffic. He'll need to chime in. Or some of the other Bubby's if this is a good idea or not. 

Edited by Isaac's Papa

Welcome to have meeting spot at my fishing shack  two minutes from the gas stations in Beverly  nothing fancy but got a grill &  shitter , Running water, power ,& the river,  place is at the dead end of a street can park on street

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marlboro man said:

Welcome to have meeting spot at my fishing shack  two minutes from the gas stations in Beverly  nothing fancy but got a grill &  shitter , Running water, power ,& the river,  place is at the dead end of a street can park on street

image.jpeg

THIS is the move.   The fishin shack is the perfect meeting spot.  

2 hours ago, marlboro man said:

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, max power said:

THIS is the move.   The fishin shack is the perfect meeting spot.  

I was thinking this too but wasn't my place to open the invite. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Be interesting to hear what the Western contingent thinks of Beverly.  Might be a bit too far south and west for them.

50 more miles vs Logan, and 30 more miles vs New Concord.  Beverly makes it a solid 3 hour stretch from western ohio, which isn't a deal breaker in my opinion since we stop every hour or so to meetup with sub groups/riders anyway.....but the ride home would suck that much more.  If we end up meeting in Beverly, then the wife and I ( and possibly other westerners ) probably wont stick around after the ride

Just now, Hellmutt said:

If we end up meeting in Beverly, then the wife and I ( and possibly other westerners ) probably wont stick around after the ride

That was the answer I expected, just didn't want to say it for you.

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That was the answer I expected, just didn't want to say it for you.

No worries.  I wouldn't let it cancel our ride, just would affect the outcome afterwards.  Further from home we get, the less time we have to mingle

Could we not use the empty lot next to the Malta BP gas stop ( 449 N. Main St. Malta, Oh 43758 ) that we frequent on most Epic rides?  We've had the majority of us there at one time for well over an hour in years prior, and has never been an issue - and it's only a few blocks from RT78

• Upvote 1

Was there an issue with using the boat launch in McConnelsville? The parking lot was more than large enough. I think @DerekClouser asked the lady at the gas station how busy things get there during the warmer months, not sure what her answer was though. 

Yea, the boat ramp is good as far as I am concerned.  I think what happened is someone though it would be cool to use the fishing shack, which it would be if it wasn't tuff geographically for the western contingent....then that morphed into other spots somehow. And yea, the lady at the gas station said it is empty except during the fair in September.