unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, whaler said:

In... medium or medium fast.  If there are enough medium I will lead a second group to help @Hellmutt and @snot so they do not have such a large group again.

Thanks man.  Would be nice to have a group that ISN'T 15 bikes long for a change :D

24 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Thanks man.  Would be nice to have a group that ISN'T 15 bikes long for a change :D

You act like it's hard to keep a group of 15+ bikes together while also trying to hold a solid pace over a few hundred miles all while trying not to get lost. :lolhitsign:

Jk. You and snot have done an excellent job over the past years running that group.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

You act like it's hard to keep a group of 15+ bikes together while also trying to hold a solid pace over a few hundred miles all while trying not to get lost. :lolhitsign:

Jk. You and snot have done an excellent job over the past years running that group.

You're not lying!  It can prove to be stressful when the group is that big.  It bugs me when the line stretches out of sight between stops, or I make a wrong turn, or I drop my bike at a stop, or I make wrong turn, or half of the group stops unannounced because someone went down, or I make a wrong turn.  In my defense, I have managed a few perfect rides when we based out of Logan with the same original route, only because I remembered from repitition.   I hope to get a 660 Zumo soon so I can upload the routes in advance and alleviate the "wrong way" nickname I've earned myself :D

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Anyone local to the McConnelsville area that has any suggestions for a meet spot?

Plan to head down there sometime in the future to scout but would like some suggestions as to where we should start our reconnaissance.  

Anyway we could meet at big muskie? Biggest issue would be parking, but they have a shelter with tables.

29 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Anyway we could meet at big muskie? Biggest issue would be parking, but they have a shelter with tables.

Doesn't sound like a bad plan. Is there room for trailer queens to park/unload? 

I'm not sure that the parking lot of the Muskie Memorial could handle the trailer queens. Also, it is a big gravel lot, thinking in terms of kickstand issues or feet slipping on gravel. That being said, there is a little roadside park in McConnelsville that has some shelter and tables right along the river. There are also some local businesses there that may allow a trailer to be parked for the day so as not to hog up the roadside park. 

9 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

I'm not sure that the parking lot of the Muskie Memorial could handle the trailer queens. Also, it is a big gravel lot, thinking in terms of kickstand issues or feet slipping on gravel. That being said, there is a little roadside park in McConnelsville that has some shelter and tables right along the river. There are also some local businesses there that may allow a trailer to be parked for the day so as not to hog up the roadside park. 

It is also right across the street from a gas station.

Here is what is looks like.

McConnellsville.thumb.JPG.c5ac78be490343b6ff4aa7b66b502cef.JPG

• Upvote 2

What about here (see pic), right down the street from the pull off spot across from the gas station.  Its a little roomier and it looks like trailering folk would be fine as it is a boat ramp.  The only factor would be how many people decided to put a boat in on the same day we meet for the ride.  Other than this, I have looked all over the McConnelsville area and the only other spot large enough would be the public basketball courts on the other side of the river right off of 669.  The draw back is there is no shade and its a flat gravel lot.

McConnelsville Park.png

1 hour ago, Wolfman1 said:

What about here (see pic), right down the street from the pull off spot across from the gas station.  Its a little roomier and it looks like trailering folk would be fine as it is a boat ramp.  The only factor would be how many people decided to put a boat in on the same day we meet for the ride.  Other than this, I have looked all over the McConnelsville area and the only other spot large enough would be the public basketball courts on the other side of the river right off of 669.  The draw back is there is no shade and its a flat gravel lot.

McConnelsville Park.png

I think this is one of the best bets.  There's probably only a few trailers to consider, and we can smash bikes 6 to a parking spot in most cases.  We'd honestly only hog up maybe half of that lot.  I didn't even realize there wasn't a start/stop lot to congregate on the route until now

52 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

might be gradiation things happening that late in the spring. or sports. it's an idea though. 

2 minutes ago, what said:

might be gradiation things happening that late in the spring. or sports. it's an idea though. 

I wouldn't think there would be anything like that at an elementary 

There's the Main St Church of Christ on the corner of 4th and Main.  Looks to have a few decent lots around it.  Could treat it like the New Concord meet spot and offer them a decent donation to borrow the parking lot for the day?

This would obviously pose a problem should we move to the rain date though

Screenshot_2017-02-16-18-28-54.png

Edited by Hellmutt