unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

Home with the trailer safely in the garage. @Danimal's tire has taken up residence in the back seat of my car and refuses to move until it's at deal's gap. Good riding with @durk @B-Mac today. I'm just happy I can now keep up with @jschaf... I think I found the Triumph's limit today pace-wise though. I was WOT in 3rd and a few times in 4th for a good portion of the ride. 

Also... that jump... lol. Wish I had my GoPro running for that one... Jim, you were completely airborn, so much so that I was looking at the next turn under your tires. It felt like I left the ground; whoever was behind me would have to confirm. I'd venture a guess we all grew wings on that "bump". 

Home.  Almost 500 miles logged.  Had fun as usual.  Good weather, didn't get a drop of rain other than the morning mist/fog that beaded up our visors on the way to McConnellsville.

Always good to see the regulars again, catchup with a few I hadn't seen for a while, and met a few new guys.  Weather didn't play spoiler today, so I'm glad the wife and I decided to roll the dice and go.

See those of you going to the Gap in a few weeks!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, durk said:

Bump on 676

Where was 676 on the route?  I dont see it on the route map, and definitely dont recall riding on 676

Or were you thinking 565?

Edited by Hellmutt

1 minute ago, Hellmutt said:

Where was 676 on the route?  I dont see it on the route map, and definitely dont recall riding on 676

Our route was not exactly the same as posted. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

The bump on 26 just outside Marietta? 

23 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Or were you thinking 565?

21 minutes ago, durk said:

Our route was not exactly the same as posted. 

Pretty sure this "bump" is it. We hit it at pretty close to mach retard, which is probably what made it so dramatic. If I remember right, it's a little roller with a dip on the other side that you wouldn't notice at the posted speed; It's hard to make out on google. Could be wrong, never done that road before. It launched us pretty good though. Fun fun. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.4564761,-81.7013334,3a,75y,88.92h,98.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOpmTJmuh2QJ2WbAwL7DuYw!2e0!7i3328!8i1664 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

Made it home safe too, hopefully every one did. It was so nice to see every one. And each year get to meet few new faces, and by next couple of years we become old riding friends. My friendship circle is growing :) 

more detailed ride report once I get some food and rest. So much stuff happened in the last 24 hrs, that pretty much proves when it comes to motorcycling just trust your bike, your instincts your luck and take that leap of faith and the end of the day you get to kick back and enjoy for years some sweet memories. 

• Upvote 3

Back in the kitchen by 8PM... 

Had a great time and I was glad to see so many came out to ride.

Any idea how many showed? I know the mach retard group left when we rolled in. 

Our group had a total of 9 different riders (counting Doc), one jumped in then out during the ride.

Guessing it was 24 total...

Edited by snot

I blame cunning old fox tonic for posting a cancelled thread and then locking it, very effective hate move on noob folks. I am guessing at least a handful of folks got duped. 

Jshaff is all about riding, no ifs no buts no time waste. Their group was already out even before we pulled in. And we were loitering until tonic got the reins pulled in. We didn't take a group pic :cry: if I was not this shy and blessed with the sound of a real man I would have called all the super heros to assemble for a photo shoot. 

At at the end the rough guesstimate will be 22 ish 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cptchaos said:

Great riding with everyone today and props to the slow group for helping move the old guy that was out of gas out of the middle of the frickin road!

There was a slow group? I thought we ended up with medium, mach retard, and hate parade. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I waved to everyone while in the Hate Parade. I'm the yin to @Tonik'a yang. 

Eh..... you were doing the @jbot wave though for some of them. 

Which of course I had to do also because it was hilarious. You're a bad influence. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

My hand was numb it could have been doing anything.

Was the old guy blocking both lanes on the downhill the one out of gas?

Yup.  Our group could've easily T-boned that guy....poor old fella, but a stupid place to be.  The slow group stopped and did him a solid by pushing that car UPHILL

I was with them, prolly camera running at that time 

and I want to apologize to the groups, I was filtering in out, making sudden stops pull over etc, I never ever do it in real ride. This was all for the sake to get some video different views and riders etc. 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1