unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

11 minutes ago, 600ZZ4eb said:

I canceled my daughters ride since this was canceled but I watched the weather this morning and storms look to start around 6pmish. I'll drop her off but won't be on the road till 10 so ill try to catch slower riders along the route. 

Any gas specific stops planned?

I honestly have no clue where the main fuel stop would be for the ride, but I was planning on stopping my group just inside Marietta since it's about the halfway point

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

I honestly have no clue where the main fuel stop would be for the ride, but I was planning on stopping my group just inside Marietta since it's about the halfway point

The best spot for a gas stop with a lot of space would be the Marietta Marathon at the corner of Acme and Pike Streets.

From the planned route, just after you go under The I77 interstate, First traffic signal is on Acme. Turn left and go about 3/4 mile. Marathon is on the corner of the next big intersection.

Made it back home on the V-Strom, 230 miles, No rain. Thanks for leading the first group out Jim

Also thanks for the Donuts, Hater Jim

Video Later.

B.

Edited by B-Mac

Good ride today fellas. Wish I would've gotten there a little earlier. Feel like I got plenty of riding in, but not enough bullshitting....

Guess it could be worse. Too much bullshit, not enough riding hahaha

• Upvote 1

Great ride most of it solo, but passed folks at the bucket and then Nivin and someone else on the side of 78 jus passed the bucket, passed the fast group on 260 as they were going north and me south yellow 1000rr leading, then passed Tonik as they were going east on 26 and finally Hellmut and his group rolled up on me in Marietta at a speedway. Rode with them till Malta where I split off back to columbus. Good day, no rain for me. Nice to meet some and pass by others. ??

Edited by 600ZZ4eb
  • Upvote 1

Im so glad u all got out and rode....unless its torential downpours w tornado warnings ill b there from now on.....i have to give u all credit...u made the rest of us that didnt show look like bleeding vajay-jays.....well played...i cant do anything but accept that:D:D:D:D

• Upvote 2

Yea, checked and saw "Ride canceled" last night, so went to bed at my normal time.

Then this morning I woke up at 8am... read several of ya were still gonna go and said rain wasnt more than like 30% chance. I looked at the USA radar and judging from it, yep.

I just would NOT have time to hurry up get ready, ride all the way down to meet yall at that point! 5.5 hours to Mcconellsville met spot for me! :(

well there is always next time.

So instead I rode to go see a movie. Then met a friend of mine up at Ducati Detroit after. I got to Demo ride a new 2017 Multistrada 950! Nice bike, just need to demo it 2UP to get my GFs approval. lol

Then on the way home I GOT FUCKING DUMPED ON! Damn Michigan weather! Wasnt supposed to rain at all what so ever here, but did and I was WITHOUT my rain gear! :D lol

Least my Phone and valuables stayed dry!

P.S. My Bridgestone T30 EVOs handled Great in the rain. Highway speeds up to 100 mph, slow city stuff, etc. :)

Hopefully see yall on the next ride . . .

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Yea, checked and saw "Ride canceled" last night, so went to bed at my normal time.

Then this morning I woke up at 8am... read several of ya were still gonna go and said rain wasnt more than like 30% chance. I looked at the USA radar and judging from it, yep.

I just would NOT have time to hurry up get ready, ride all the way down to meet yall at that point! 5.5 hours to Mcconellsville met spot for me! :(

well there is always next time.

So instead I rode to go see a movie. Then met a friend of mine up at Ducati Detroit after. I got to Demo ride a new 2017 Multistrada 950! Nice bike, just need to demo it 2UP to get my GFs approval. lol

Then on the way home I GOT FUCKING DUMPED ON! Damn Michigan weather! Wasnt supposed to rain at all what so ever here, but did and I was WITHOUT my rain gear! :D lol

Least my Phone and valuables stayed dry!

P.S. My Bridgestone T30 EVOs handled Great in the rain. Highway speeds up to 100 mph, slow city stuff, etc. :)

Hopefully see yall on the next ride . . .

Dave,

Sorry that you you weren't there and then got rained on. It would have been a LONG ride for wet riding. Some day we'll have one when the weather finally cooperates for a change.

In my hometown eating dinner. 575 awesome miles today. @jschaf thanks for leading me around. You sir, for sure ride a fast pace. I loved every second of it, even the couple of times I drug a toe slider & scared the crap out of myself. @B-Mac and @what thanks for letting me mess up your group. It was awesome riding with you 3. Good to shake some hands  before and after the ride. Nice to put faces to the names I read on the forum that I never met and also great to see others I've met before. Sorry I missed a few of you. 

• Upvote 2