unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

Yeah Craig. That was me. Was taking a break after work before heading to QSL's bike nite.

Across the street from that parking spot is an awesome spur trail that follows a ridgeline down into Tinkers Creek. Was sitting on my camp chair on the ridge. Actually saw you ride by. Of course didn't really realize it was you.

Had fun last night. Thanks Jim for the tire-handoff. Was nice to finally meet your wife, as well as your friends.

I got a kick out of folks looking at Jim's bagger and looking again, and looking a third time, staring back and forth from the tire chained to his bike to his wheels. They really couldn't figure out WTF was up lol

71D12168-DA0C-4047-A2F0-F8E743910ED2_zps

Then walked next door with Pauly and had dinner and some killer Fat Head Hoppy shit

3E724085-BA20-4D2D-BA53-D89B3DF2DC04_zps

Then the others arrived and I got a nice hug from the SV  

thanks Blue for that hug. Meant a lot  

Then Pauly and I abandoned all fear of Bambis and tore through the Cuyahoga Valley on our way home. Was a fun ride.

Danimal, there was more than hugging going on with you and the old SV, we noticed bodily fluids on the gas tank when you unraveled from the bike!

• Upvote 2

You know why all of a sudden there is rain in forecast, I was exchanging calls to get this one weekend off for two weekend working. Gaaaawwwdddd dayuuuummmmm :yuno:.  Still it's gonna be less than 50% chance of spotty rain, and pretty warm. It's not gonna be ice cold and stormy 

21 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

You know why all of a sudden there is rain in forecast, I was exchanging calls to get this one weekend off for two weekend working. Gaaaawwwdddd dayuuuummmmm :yuno:.  Still it's gonna be less than 50% chance of spotty rain, and pretty warm. It's not gonna be ice cold and stormy 

So what you're saying is you are in?

8 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

For those worried about melting, maybe I suggest something like this...

422491983_994877431b.jpg.b9fb9c434fffd4d6fa7a260f6ed9b4e0.jpg

I wonder if you get a power windows option on that thing? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Wolfman1 said:

I wonder if you get a power windows option on that thing? :dunno:

I think with this design, you can trade the helmets for seat belts!!??

5 hours ago, durk said:

So what you're saying is you are in?

not 100% certain yet, about 90% waiting for call from other guy.  i am getting a crappy deal of weekend exchange and want to make sure at least its a ride able day to go explore SEO even if main ride cancelled. 

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I'll ride down with you, @NinjaDoc  

Pauly, you know me and  I wont sleep the night before for such a big ride :D to make it to the meet spot at 10:30 i will have to leave home by 6:00 in order to keep it all back roads. To leave around 6:00 i will have to wake up at least by 5:00. After these many years i realized no matter what tricks i try i am never getting any good sleep the day before big ride esp if i am thinking i have to wake up this early. Just keep staring at phone every one hour. Hence the solution for me is to ride down after work today all back roads and try to get to a place close by and stay overnight before sunset. Will likley leave around 5-5:30 and ride till 9 pm and possible stay at caldwell which seems to have reasonable priced rooms. Probably will get rained on today evening before i reach there from the weather prediction. 

i really feel bad for @DerekClouser seems like he just cant catch a break year after year, all pressure on him to make a call at the last moment and the weather never helps out. :mad: 

As of now the chance of rain is less than 30% for tomorrow morning session and temps in upper 70 which is warm enough. even with no rain suit on  :) If i am getting off i am riding no matter what. Hope at least few of you guys be there to meet up. 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Pauly, you know me and  I wont sleep the night before for such a big ride

FFS man get some Ambien. Jumping Jesus on a Pogo stick you don't even need to go see a doctor.

I packed rain gear.....def not worried about getn wet..lil dissapointed ...was hoping for good weather....but it is what it is.... should still b a great time

• Upvote 1