Ozark-apalooza (long way round to the gap) 6/2-6/7

2talltim

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just got off the phone with my bank to make sure they don't turn off my card while in different states. Trying to explain where I am going to the girl on the phone was quite entertaining.

I love Chase, its an automated call, just punch in the dates.

PNC is painful as hell. I hate that bank.

49 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I love Chase, its an automated call, just punch in the dates.

PNC is painful as hell. I hate that bank.

Chase will just call/text me if they think something is funky, as long as I respond everything is A-OK. Generally they won't call though since I travel so much for work anyway I guess their system anticipates it or something. 

Good luck safe travel mates. Very jealous and extremely happy for you guys at the same time. Lots of pics and keep thread updated even if just gas station ones. Will ride vicariously through the thread. 

• Upvote 1

Many brews, and a few drinks back at the room and it time to crash. Had a great day of riding and catching up with good bubbys. Rollin at 9am for a long commute day to the ozarks.

• Upvote 1

Yea great day of riding, 460ish miles  today we are in the Ozarks. Only 2 stops. #touringninjas. Steak dinner, beers, rum, hot tub, Isle of man TT, you should be here so no pics for you. Goodnight

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Only did 240 miles in the Ozarks today. I personally didn't take any pics but basically we got rained out. I'm talking biblical proportions. Made it the first leg of the day to Jasper with minimal wetness and one very epic road and yet another gravel butt pucker section. Then the heavens opened up. I mean i lt poured on curvey mountain roads, there were river running across the road and couldn't see shit. We said fuck it and booked it short cut style to the next hotel. It never did clear up so we abandoned the rest of the routes for the day. Other than the one section of what we saw I'm not that impressed with the roads and tarmac down here, medioaker at best with decent views. Got the "Arkansas Dragon" tommorow we will see what it's all about. We were all in good spirits considering the day being a wash till we get to a ruby Tuesday's right next to the hotel and have the waitress tell us it was a dry county and the only drinks you can buy are at restaurants. And they rape you for $5 bottles. Beer run is 40 miles away and we said fuck that in the rain. So the guys helped polish off my bottle of rum I brought by the indoor pool as we waited for out gear to dry off. Still a awesome trip so far. Back is feeling good and having a blast with the guys.

Seems like more counties in the south are dry than not. 

Somebody should tell the rain it's a dry county.