Ozark-apalooza (long way round to the gap) 6/2-6/7

2talltim

Got both saddlebags and top case packed. Adjusted suspension for loaded. Took the bike for a ride and it was very stable loaded down. Saddlebags left to right were within a 2 pound difference. I am ready to go. Now if Friday could hurry up and get here.:D

Going over the maps and routes tonight I keep second guessing things. If anyone wants to have any input on the route, stops or anything else feel free to chime in. There is going to be some long consecutive days here and don't mind a little input. The main day I'm reconsidering changing is day 6(the day we get to fontana) thinking about cutting out lookout mountain, also considering just slabbing and taking the fastest route to get there so we have time to do the Jack Daniels tour. We can even skip the tour if ya'll don't want to, ive done it 3 times before but it is a cool tour. Or stick to the plan and get to fontana later. Mileage will about the same no matter what way we go but the time table is way different. This is OUR trip not MY so speak up if you want anything different. 

Edited by 2talltim

I also just found out that JD charges for the tours now(they never did before) its $14. The good part is you can book online and pick a tour time before they sell out. First tour is at 9:10 am and is 70 min long. 

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

Is anyone planning on bringing a small Bluetooth speaker for listening to tunes and having a couple of beverages at night?  If not, I can bring one. 

Not a bad idea Mike. If I remember I'll toss one in the trunk as well. Mmmmmm. Beverages ?

Just a reminder folks I'll put the rooms on my card and if you want to give me cash for your portion it would easier so check in is faster and less complicated. And it was $190 each for all 5 nights for the 4 of us doing the entire trip. I already have jerry's money so he is paid up. And another reminder for the ones of us in Andy's(what) cabin we owe him $139 each for the cabin in fontana. 

1 hour ago, Connie14 said:

Is anyone planning on bringing a small Bluetooth speaker for listening to tunes and having a couple of beverages at night?  If not, I can bring one. 

I have one but the battery is toast on it, only last like 20 min. My plan is to grab a bottle of Captain to keep on me and just need to grab some cokes out of a vending or gas station.  

Edited by 2talltim

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I have one but the battery is toast on it, only last like 20 min. My plan is to grab a bottle of Captain to keep on me and just need to grab some cokes out of a vending or gas station.  

I'll bring cash and a speaker.  I'll have to grab beer or liquor on the road.

6 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Our first night's hotel is within walking distance of a gas station and a walmart. Shouldn't have any trouble finding something.

If you asshats don't eat at Loveless Cafe you will be grounded.

14 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Triumph makes bluetooth speakers?

• Upvote 3