Ozark-apalooza (long way round to the gap) 6/2-6/7

2talltim

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I never understood the 5-speed gearbox. 

i am actually liking it more i use it, 3 is a sweet one fit for all for most back roads and 5 is good enough to cruise in highway. never missed the 6th. It works well with the 1300 plant. It never really needed a 6th and i think was just done to keep up with marketing and competing with others. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JustinNck1 said:

I never seen the appeal/need of the 6th gear. I get better fuel mileage than the Connie guys and the FJR has plenty of chugging power. RPMs aren't ridiculous even when I got the cruise set at 85mph.

lol talk about fjr guys thinking and posting same time. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

lol talk about fjr guys thinking and posting same time. 

I've heard the complaints about only 5 gears so many times I usually just shake my head and move on. I do wish i had the easy pull slipper clutch they use in the 16-up though. Maybe a winter project...

9 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Doesn't matter. I rode Nivin's FJR and I'll not ride another one. 

The Gen 3 (13 and up) are head and shoulders above the rest. I'll let you take mine out sometime. If you crash it, total it is all I ask.

@Al Z. Heimer look into a Russel Day Long, Laam, or even a Terry's Custom saddle. They are a HUGE improvement over stock. The Gen 2 were notorious for heat issues, but the Gen 1 was even worse from what I understand.

44 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I believe you. I was considering offering to trade my Ducati for his Yammie. Just didn't mesh with it at all.

Haha That was a massive shift for you, coming straight from that dirt bike on steroids to this heavy truck, esp on a tight section of 164. I was having a ball with your bike since I felt like I was riding a unicycle sitting right on top of the gas tank and handle bars right there and light as a feather. It was major difference. If you wish we can do couple more switches starting with more clean straight twisties. 

• Upvote 1