Ozark-apalooza (long way round to the gap) 6/2-6/7

2talltim

Headed to Florida next week with the family, I'll get the routes finalized and gas stops etcetera while drinking by the pool. Hotels are still booked and everyone can pay me when we get to the first nights stay. Jerry has already paid me if anyone else wants to do that let me know we can work it out. Looks like still 5 of us going with Jerry peeling off after the 3rd night. 

• Upvote 1

Fantastic news. More so that you are healing well and being able to make this trip is icing on the cake. Now we need to pray to the weather gods. Used the last of the front tire yesterday. Gotta get her up on the table and strip her down for new rubber. Can't wait guys. Congrats again Tim. 

What's everyone's plan for Friday June 2nd? I'm still up in the air about my route. I don't know if i wanna go through Cincinnati or Lexington. I'm only 4.5 hours away, so I will probably work a half day and leave SEO at noon.

I'm about 9 1/2 hours away no slab and 6 hours  slab. About 400 miles either way. Weather will be my deciding factor. If I slab prolly just fire up Waze and hammer down and get that part of the trip out of the way. Either way will plan to arrive in Corydon around 6 or 7pm. If anyone wants/needs anything from the Pony I could make a stop. 

1 minute ago, JustinNck1 said:

OK, this has me interested now. Only gonna add 20 miles to my route.

Let me put it this way.  If you run that road we will be even from the time you saved my life. It is that good.

• Upvote 1

Ok the routes are finalized. I posted the ITF files in the first post for the ones needing them for their devises I'l post them here as well. Think we will be fine with on the fly gas stops for every day except day 3 and they are planned out. Think every one going should be good for 150+ miles on a tank and ill try to stop around 100 to 125 ish. 

Day 1:  is your route to the hotel.

Day 2: Day 2 Final.itf

Day 3: (4 parts)  Day 3 pt1 Final.itf  .... Day 3 pt2 Final.itf .... Day 3 pt3 final.itf .... Day3 pt4 final.itf

Day 4: Day 4 Final.itf

Day 5: Day 5 final.itf

Day 6: Day 6 Final.itf

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

OK, here is my planned route for Day 1. If anyone wants to meetup, the intersection at 62 and 32 looks to be a good place. I am still planning on leaving at noon. I'll probably roll through there at 2pm. Google Maps is saying 6 Hours 26 Minutes. 

If you hit Louisvile at rush hour take 265 around to the north.  It's no big deal during non-rush hour but the construction I saw there 2 weeks ago will make rush hour a nightmare.

Disclaimer: Yea just like all motorcycle trips it is a out door activity and the weather will be a crap shoot. So I'm going to put this out there to all going. I will ride in the rain, didn't say we because you all are big boys and can makeup your own minds. If you make the decision to ride or not ride in the rain that is all on you and your riding comfort level and talent. If I roll and you say "fuck that" that is fine I'm not the boss and it's free country and no one will think any less of you. But also if you decide to roll with me in any kind of inclimate weather that is your choice and you can not judge me on my decision because "you didn't like it". That being said there is a very good chance of getting wet, things always change but right now it looks like Saturday might be a wet one and it's 50/50 on Sunday right now so plan accordingly. Hotels are book and my ultimate plan is to make it to those hotels every night. Now if weather it a total wash out and safety is a concern we can change the route on the fly and shorten it or find a freeway where one wasn't planned and get there a little quicker. First 2 nights hotels can be changed or canceled the day of check in, the next 2 nights require 24 hours advance for changes and cancels and 5th night is a day of one as well. So keep those time frames in mind for financial reasons if you have any back out plans due to weather or any other reason or if we need to make any mid trip changes due to anything unforeseen. 

Ive ridden with all you gents before and don't foresee any issues just wanted to put this out there. Going to tag everyone going in this post just so they know it was posted.... @2talltim, @JustinNck1, @Namdum68, @Al Z. Heimer, @Connie14

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Disclaimer: Yea just like all motorcycle trips it is a out door activity and the weather will be a crap shoot. So I'm going to put this out there to all going. I will ride in the rain, didn't say we because you all are big boys and can makeup your own minds. If you make the decision to ride or not ride in the rain that is all on you and your riding comfort level and talent. If I roll and you say "fuck that" that is fine I'm not the boss and it's free country and no one will think any less of you. But also if you decide to roll with me in any kind of inclimate weather that is your choice and you can not judge me on my decision because "you didn't like it". That being said there is a very good chance of getting wet, things always change but right now it looks like Saturday might be a wet one and it's 50/50 on Sunday right now so plan accordingly. Hotels are book and my ultimate plan is to make it to those hotels every night. Now if weather it a total wash out and safety is a concern we can change the route on the fly and shorten it or find a freeway where one wasn't planned and get there a little quicker. First 2 nights hotels can be changed or canceled the day of check in, the next 2 nights require 24 hours advance for changes and cancels and 5th night is a day of one as well. So keep those time frames in mind for financial reasons if you have any back out plans due to weather or any other reason or if we need to make any mid trip changes due to anything unforeseen. 

Ive ridden with all you gents before and don't foresee any issues just wanted to put this out there. Going to tag everyone going in this post just so they know it was posted.... @2talltim, @JustinNck1, @Namdum68, @Al Z. Heimer, @Connie14

Who needs legal disclaimers?  My wife said that I was allowed to wear my big boy pants, so I am good to go.

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Can we still blame you for the rain? Where's the doom of hate when we need it? @Tonik