Ozark-apalooza (long way round to the gap) 6/2-6/7

2talltim

OzarkLogo_png_4a881309ba21137bde712b60dcc3f24f.thumb.png.28f9451da1a404001f093e41c8f825b8.png

For the ones that haven't heard myself and a couple others are planning a trip to the Ozarks the weekend before we meet up with I rest of the gang at Fontana. We will be headed west hitting many of the beautiful Ozark mountian roads then turning south toward the begining of the Natchez Trace Parkway. We will then take the entire length of the parkway north towards Nashville. From Nashville we'll make a couple quick stops at the JD Distillery and Lookout Mountian before preceding to Fontana for the O.R. shin dig for the remainder of the week. The plan is to meet up  just west of Louisville, KY the night of Friday June 2nd. Any and all are welcome to join, but keep in mind this trip will be long days and many miles and the ones already stated they are going are seasoned long haul touring Ninjas. Getting to the first nights hotel isnt really going to be a group planned ride it's just going to be get there and we'll meet up for a late dinner or something. I'm going to post the maps and hotels and let the trip and mileage speak for themselves. 

Day 1: Getting from where you are to the meet up hotel Corydon, Indiana. This is my map obviously your will be different. 277 miles

https://goo.gl/maps/gvjUTuG4Cw52

Hotel Info: Baymount Inn 2495 Landmark Ave NE, Corydon, IN 47112 ..... $66 with corporate code 1000008722

Day 2: Corydon, In to Mountain Home, Ak 457 miles

https://goo.gl/maps/qZDeV2ex1dC2

Day2 Ozarks final.itf

Hotel Info: Days Inn Mountian Home 1746 Hwy 62 E, Mountain Home, AR 72653 ....$76 with corporate code 1000008722 

Day 3: Ozark Mountain Fun from Mountain Home, Ar to Russellville, Ar..... the long way round. 415 miles

Segment 1:  https://goo.gl/maps/n5Uu8TU11rN2

Day 3 pt1 Final.itf

Segment 2: https://goo.gl/maps/rZka1DePZvx with lunch stop at http://www.oarkgeneralstore.com/

Day 3 pt2 Final.itf

Segment 3: https://goo.gl/maps/nzCdupp65gt

Day 3 pt3 final.itf

Segment 4(if your kitty don't hurt): https://goo.gl/maps/sT7tqorQUpQ2

Day3 pt4 final.itf

Hotel info: Days Inn Russellville  109 E Harrell Dr, Russellville, AR 72802 ....... $89 with corporate code 1000008722

Day4: Ozarks to the Natchez Parkway 445 miles

https://goo.gl/maps/rxWjBJT96xR2

Day 4 Final.itf

Hotel Info: Super 8 Clinton, Ms  201 Johnston Pl, Clinton, MS 39056 ..... $55 with corporate code 1000008722

Day 5: Natchez Trace Parkway to Shelbyville, Tn 419 miles

https://goo.gl/maps/88oPRE3KVhy

Day 5 final.itf

Hotel Info: Microtel Shelbyville  1207 N Main St, Shelbyville, TN 37160 .....$88 with corporate code 1000008722

Day 6: JD Distillery, Lookout Mountian, Fontana 259 miles

https://goo.gl/maps/XskKuhMGRNz

Day 6 Final.itf

Hotel Info: Fontana Village

Folks Going:

@2talltim

@JustinNck1

@Namdum68

@Connie14

@Al Z. Heimer (for fisrt 3 days)

@PhilD'oh! (maybe a couple or few days)

Rooms are booked, I have 3 rooms for the first 3 nights and 2 rooms for the other 2 nights. Here is how the money splits work.

For @2talltim, @JustinNck1, @Connie14 and @Namdum68 the total is $190 for all 5 nights. 

And for @Al Z. Heimer the total is $235 for the first 3 nights and hopefully @PhilD'oh! will split that with you. 

Anyone else joining the party feel free to book your own rooms and use the corporate code I provided for a decent discount. 

If any ones plans change and or you can't make it let me know ASAP so we can adjust the room arrangements and I'm not stuck holding the bill. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 4

Haven't booked any rooms yet, as soon as I get with all the parties attending and see how we want to split rooms I'll get on booking mine. I hope that with 4 of us currently going we can work it out to split rooms and not leave anyone to pay full price. I personally know all current parties and know all to be responsible and trustworthy.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That little bit of the Parkway you are on that is in Alabama...the cops are all over it like you would not believe.  Rest of it is ok.

I almost forgot about that little nugget through the corner of Bama. That will make five states to add to my map.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I almost forgot about that little nugget through the corner of Bama. That will make five states to add to my map.

Do you realize how close you will be to Louisiana?

Edit, I mean New Orleans.  You gotta get that in there for one night of insanity.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

Right now with 4 of us on the trip it would be nice to go in 2 and 2 on splitting rooms to save money. I know originally me an Justin were going to split rooms but I honestly don't care who I split with as long as it save me money and no one is left with all of a rooms cost. Is everyone cool with splitting a room with someone I can tell you all that everyone on this trip is a trust worthy person and no fears of anyone being a ass hat. I know @Connie14 didn't share a room on the iron butt trip so not sure if he want to split one on this trip. If he dose not, that will leave one other person to pay for their own room or I can take a air bed for some one to crash on to put a third in our room. But being the long weekend and week it will be, I'm not volunteering to sleep on a air bed all week and @JustinNck1 says fuck that too. I know myself and Justin snore so how you other two guys want to work this out? Are you willing to split a room or do you just want to pay for your own room? If we are only going to need 2 rooms total I'm willing to book them both for every night and get it taken care of. Let me know

@Namdum68

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Right now with 4 of us on the trip it would be nice to go in 2 and 2 on splitting rooms to save money. I know originally me an Justin were going to split rooms but I honestly don't care who I split with as long as it save me money and no one is left with all of a rooms cost. Is everyone cool with splitting a room with someone I can tell you all that everyone on this trip is a trust worthy person and no fears of anyone being a ass hat. I know @Connie14 didn't share a room on the iron butt trip so not sure if he want to split one on this trip. If he dose not, that will leave one other person to pay for their own room or I can take a air bed for some one to crash on to put a third in our room. But being the long weekend and week it will be, I'm not volunteering to sleep on a air bed all week and @JustinNck1 says fuck that too. I know myself and Justin snore so how you other two guys want to work this out? Are you willing to split a room or do you just want to pay for your own room? If we are only going to need 2 rooms total I'm willing to book them both for every night and get it taken care of. Let me know

@Namdum68

I am cool splitting a room.   Thanks for getting this set up! 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys for all practical purposes I'm in. I haven't chimed in because I was not sure of my plans. As it stands now I will tag along up to and including day 3/Russelville. From there I plan on heading for Texas and loop thru Oklahoma,Kansas,Missouri back to Fayetteville Arkansas. I have a nephew that lives there and have not seen him in a while. From there maybe the Gulf coast to Alabama and Barber museum. Then to my daughters in Georgia. Well that's the plan. Time is not an issue. I will officially retire in July but pack it in in May. So Tim if you are gonna bag the rooms I'm in for the first three. If Phil decides to hang a couple days he's welcome to split. As is anyone else that may jump in. Looking forward to ride with you guys again and meeting you Nick. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Hey guys for all practical purposes I'm in. I haven't chimed in because I was not sure of my plans. As it stands now I will tag along up to and including day 3/Russelville. From there I plan on heading for Texas and loop thru Oklahoma,Kansas,Missouri back to Fayetteville Arkansas. I have a nephew that lives there and have not seen him in a while. From there maybe the Gulf coast to Alabama and Barber museum. Then to my daughters in Georgia. Well that's the plan. Time is not an issue. I will officially retire in July but pack it in in May. So Tim if you are gonna bag the rooms I'm in for the first three. If Phil decides to hang a couple days he's welcome to split. As is anyone else that may jump in. Looking forward to ride with you guys again and meeting you Nick. 

Awesome glad your joining us Jerry. :banana: 

• Upvote 1

Rooms are booked, I have 3 rooms for the first 3 nights and 2 rooms for the other 2 nights. Here is how the money splits work.

For @2talltim, @JustinNck1, @Connie14 and @Namdum68 the total is $190 for all 5 nights. 

And for @Al Z. Heimer the total is $235 for the first 3 nights and hopefully @PhilD'oh! will split that with you. 

Anyone else joining the party feel free to book your own rooms and use the corporate code I provided for a decent discount. 

• Upvote 4

I wish I could commit to this right now, but I get a meager three weeks of vacation a year, two of which are automatically dedicated to family.  The other five days have to be split among a half dozen motorcycle events I'd like to make each year, not to mention the couple days I use so I can ride to mandatory training events as opposed to taking the dreaded airlines.  Essentially, I'm hoping that weekend has a hole in the flying schedule, so I can slip away.  Unfortunately, I won't know until the week before.  In short, don't plan around me, even though I really hope to make at least part of this. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

I wish I could commit to this right now, but I get a meager three weeks of vacation a year, two of which are automatically dedicated to family.  The other five days have to be split among a half dozen motorcycle events I'd like to make each year, not to mention the couple days I use so I can ride to mandatory training events as opposed to taking the dreaded airlines.  Essentially, I'm hoping that weekend has a hole in the flying schedule, so I can slip away.  Unfortunately, I won't know until the week before.  In short, don't plan around me, even though I really hope to make at least part of this. 

Hopefully it works out. Kinda like getting the band back together with You, Me, Jerry and Mike. :rh1:

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PhilD'oh! said:

No worries Phil. Hopefully the stars will line up in your favor and you can make this. Your welcome to join. If someone else jumps in I'm sure we can figure something out. If not the spot is yours. 

• Upvote 2