Tapatalk Disabled

Casper

Just now, Casper said:

Those posts/tweets were deleted within a couple minutes of posting. It was an accident. 

Still doing it as of 9 minutes ago.  All new topics it appears.  That is how I found out about this thread.

Just now, Tonik said:

Still doing it as of 9 minutes ago.  All new topics it appears.  That is how I found out about this thread.

Should only be posting new threads. The issue earlier was it was posting anything that had a new comment. I thought that was what you were complaining about. So by unfollowing us on Twitter, is that like virtually kicking us off your lawn? 

I'm working on filtering out what gets Tweeted. 

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No, not like that at all.  Have Magley explain it to you, he appears to be smarter than you are.

You and Magz really are a lot alike. I never realized it before. Illegitimate son?  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 3:25 PM, Casper said:

It's come time to kill off Tapatalk. It's disabled. The final straw was them trying to force me to $5.00/month to disable that annoying ass popup on the mobile site. 

Oh shit, and i thought this site was just dead the past few weeks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 4:41 PM, Casper said:

You've missed a couple good threads. :lol: 

I don't understand why tapatalk was charging you per month? The other site that I'm on has it, and I asked them and was told it's FREE. Hell they should almost pay you to run it, since it has adds on it. And whats weird is I still get OR notifications in Tapatalk, I just cant open them. I would think the notifications would die when you pulled the plug.

Edited by M_Quick

9 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

I don't understand why tapatalk was charging you per month? The other site that I'm on has it, and I asked them and was told it's FREE. Hell they should almost pay you to run it, since it has adds on it. And whats weird is I still get OR notifications in Tapatalk, I just cant open them. I would think the notifications would die when you pulled the plug.

If you don't use Tapatalk when you come here there was a pop up telling you how awesome tapatalk was.  Used to be you could turn that popup off.  Now if @Casper wants that off he has to pay time.  They want the pop up so they can get more users to spy on so they can generate more ads for more money.

He might not have fully pulled the plug, but since I just mentioned him I am sure he will be along.  In the meantime, why not remove OR from your Tapatalk. I would think that would kill the notifications.

1 hour ago, M_Quick said:

i see now the $5 was not a charge, but a fee to block pop ups? I see adds on the other sites, but usually scroll by then once and dont see then the rest of the time. If I remove the app from my cell, I suppose I would be more productive at work. But I say screw them, I'm all ready giving them nearly 8 hrs a day and a little less than half my concentration now.

17 hours ago, Tonik said:

If you don't use Tapatalk when you come here there was a pop up telling you how awesome tapatalk was.  Used to be you could turn that popup off.  Now if @Casper wants that off he has to pay time.  They want the pop up so they can get more users to spy on so they can generate more ads for more money.

He might not have fully pulled the plug, but since I just mentioned him I am sure he will be along.  In the meantime, why not remove OR from your Tapatalk. I would think that would kill the notifications.

Not sure how you're getting notifications about OR on Tapatalk. The plugin is gone from the site, and has been for a while. Maybe they're using RSS feeds for notifications? I'm not sure. But we are inactive on their site, shouldn't come up in their listings, and the plugin is completely gone from here. 

And exactly correct summary Tonik. The free version no longer allows you to control anything, including their popup ad. They force you to upgrade to their premium plan, which is $5/mo. This is a double whammy since Google now will lower your page rank for mobile searches if you have a popup asking to download a mobile app. So that's definitely a no-go. 

27 minutes ago, Casper said:

This is a double whammy since Google now will lower your page rank for mobile searches if you have a popup asking to download a mobile app. So that's definitely a no-go. 

Wooo, never thought of that. That's pretty damn smart of you to think of that angle.