Christini AWD II-Track

Casper

Would get chilly on longer trips with no windscreen. That said, I'd ride the shit out of that thing. 

Shifting with snow boots on might be interesting as well, assuming it even has a clutch.

Edited by what

I've seen videos of people riding these types of machines. Looks fun, but honestly I think I'd take a sled. None of them had front tread. Idk how thats even powered in the supposed photo above.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Not sure what advantage there would be to a front track. There should be excessive amounts of traction from the rear track. A front ski would be much lighter and probably handle better.

The gyroscopic effect is way over rated in making stable bicycles and motorcycles. The "bike" should handle just fine.

Tracked motorcycles look like they would be a ton of fun in serious snow conditions. Probably require some skill to ride well given the conditions.

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've seen videos of people riding these types of machines. Looks fun, but honestly I think I'd take a sled. None of them had front tread. Idk how thats even powered in the supposed photo above.

Christini have been making 2WD motorcycles for years.

I believe it uses a cable drive along the forks similar to your weedwacker.

3 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

Christini have been making 2WD motorcycles for years.

I believe it uses a cable drive along the forks similar to your weedwacker.

They actually use a chain up the frame, then a driveshaft to the forks and 2 drive shafts down the forks. They race them in Endurocross. Pretty slick system. The original concepts where off a modified CRF450 frame IIRC.