Reach out and touch someone...

Wandering Soul

http://www.rkguns.com/springfield-standard-m1a-7-62x51mm-308-win-semi-automatic-rifle-ma9102.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-2017-01-15-db380&utm_campaign=closeout&utm_content=175950373

175950373.jpg

I've shot one of these; in basic training we were hitting targets out to 600 yards.  There was a guy on my base overseas that could hit a 5 gallon bucket out about 1000 yards with one of these.  He was damned good.

The Army also made these available to snipers even after issuing the M-16 as a standard duty weapon.  And that $1399.97 is a good price.

Those are neat too.  I've had an itch for a M1A ever since I left the Army.  The Director of Finance and Baking here doesn't see the need...her shoulder's still fucked up from shooting my M1. :D

I would be curious to shoot one with a composite stock and see how that is.

If you have an M1 you should just throw an optic on it and keep that old warhorse running.  I did a forward rail, EoTech and muzzle brake on one of mine and it's amazing how much better that gun is from 50-200 yards.  That gun is the second reason I can't really justify the M1-A.

IMG_4099.jpg

M1A1 was also preferred by SOG in the desert. Otherwise, some wiseguy with an old .303 bolt rifle would sit back out of range, and ruin your day. Will get one some day. I would not get a short barrel, long is good.

Edited by ReconRat