Should classified forums be merged into one?

Casper

Should classified forums be merged into one?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should classified forums be merged into one?

• Yes
    • No

Should classified forums be merged into one? Thoughts? Right now we have four; bikes, gear, parts, other. I think one would be sufficient and cleaner. Thoughts? 

Edit: I would use this product (https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7614-advanced-tags-prefixes/) to force the use of tags in the classifieds forum. Tags would be like FS, WTB, SOLD, etc. Color coded, clickable, etc. I'm open to the idea of a motorcycle related for sale and other stuff. 

I kinda like it being broken up, people can go directly to the item that interests them. If you do want to merge them into one, I would recommend flagging each thread as "BIKE: Selling Rat Chopper with apes $79,000.00" or "GEAR: Selling Gently Used Undergarments", etc. 

Add an option for the poster to flag each new post as either bike, gear, parts or other so people could use the search function to sort through posts easier. They could even be color coded! 

42 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Two.  Motorcycle related and Non-Motorcycle related.

^^^ This

Although to What's comment, thread prefixes would be nice but rather than by item type (can use tags for that), have prefixes for WTB, For sale, For Trade, Sold, Withdrawn, Free, etc like they have in the ADVRider marketplace. That works really nicely although the traffic on their sale forums is much greater than on here so not as big a deal on here.

1 hour ago, what said:

I kinda like it being broken up, people can go directly to the item that interests them. If you do want to merge them into one, I would recommend flagging each thread as "BIKE: Selling Rat Chopper with apes $79,000.00" or "GEAR: Selling Gently Used Undergarments", etc. 

Add an option for the poster to flag each new post as either bike, gear, parts or other so people could use the search function to sort through posts easier. They could even be color coded! 

This is route I'd go. And you'd just click the prefix/tag to filter. 

38 minutes ago, Casper said:

This is route I'd go. And you'd just click the prefix/tag to filter. 

better make that a mandatory category. Pretty sure about nobody did that shit when you had it that way in the rides section for area of the state way back when

Edited by Bad324

I would use this product (https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7614-advanced-tags-prefixes/) to force the use of tags in the classifieds forum. Tags would be like FS, WTB, SOLD, etc. Color coded, clickable, etc. I'm open to the idea of a motorcycle related for sale and other stuff. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

I would use this product (https://invisionpower.com/files/file/7614-advanced-tags-prefixes/) to force the use of tags in the classifieds forum. Tags would be like FS, WTB, SOLD, etc. Color coded, clickable, etc. I'm open to the idea of a motorcycle related for sale and other stuff. 

Maybe do 4 selling related tags (Bike, Gear, Parts, Misc) and 1 buying. Having a generic WTB tag would probably work since I don't think that kind of thread is submitted very often and would be easy enough to pick out of the rest of everything else. Just make the color clearly distinct from the other 4. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, what said:

Maybe do 4 selling related tags (Bike, Gear, Parts, Misc) and 1 buying. Having a generic WTB tag would probably work since I don't think that kind of thread is submitted very often and would be easy enough to pick out of the rest of everything else. Just make the color clearly distinct from the other 4. 

I like that idea. And of course a SOLD tag.