The Five People You Meet In Heaven.   Albom

All The Light We Can Not See.           Doerr

about Ohio frontier history....

That Dark And Bloody River.       Eckert

The Frontiersmen.          Eckert

American Sniper
Unbroken (movie I heard was shit)
No Easy Day

I have very narrow reading preferences. If its not military history or some sort of military biography, I probably wont read it. I'll probably shoot for vassili zaitsev's book next.

• Upvote 1

I really only ever read books on trips and vacations so I don't have many in my list. I would certainly suggest these light, fun enjoyable reads:

Paddle Your Own Canoe - Nick Offerman

Gumption - Nick Offerman

and a really old one but forever held close to my heart: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

"Metzger's Dog" by Thomas Perry.  Set in the '80s, funny as hell, ironic and fast paced.  A book I revisit every couple years.  May be a little hard to find, though.

Edited by DAC

I'm a HUGE Baldacci fan. He writes suspense/thrillers where the characters are either Secret Service/LEO/Special Forces types. You can't go wrong with any of them and they usually have a series that follows a character.

The Camel Club series is a good place to start. Also like Memory Man about a LEO who has an eidictic (sp) memory due to a head injury. That's a really good one as well. 

One of my all time favorite books is The Bad Place by Dean Koontz

I buy copies of Fahrenheit 451 and animal farm even though I already own several...

more recently, I enjoyed the Davinci Code and several of the other Robert Langdon stories. 

Trying to remember what I read on vacation... I started world war Z, but have let that get away from me. Better book than a movie.

the game of thrones series is on my shelf to read at some point.