April 15; NEO garage gangbang and circle jerk

Gixxus Christ!

with the date of the event quickly approaching i'm getting my brewing and cooking ducks in a row. slated for the taps will be an IPA, a dormunder style lager and something else. i'd appreciate some input here, as i'm not quite sure what else to brew. maybe a dark beer like a stout or porter? oatmeal chocolate milk stout? or something bland and american for the non craft beer crowd? I have about enough time to do whatever people want, so let me know. 

hmm. I make a really good blonde ale. it's not quite american macro-crap but it's like entry level stuff. just realized that whatever i make it will have to be an ale due to equipment constraints, so a budweiser style lager is out the window. 

now to practice my pork smoking skills.....wish i could find a small boston butt to practice with, i dont really need 5 lbs of pulled pork around the house. 

Lol, the dortmunder is finishing up primary, will transfer to secondary tomorrow or Saturday and lager it until a few days before the party. My ales typically go from grain to glass in 9 days, quicker depending on style. 4 days primary ferment, then 3 for most of the  yeast to drop, then keg, cold crash the rest of the yeast out of suspension and put on high pressure co2 to carbonate for 2 days before dropping to serving pressure. 

Bigger maltier beers and stuff like chocolate Stout that has to sit on cacao beans for a while take longer, but a basic Amber, pale or blonde ale is ready to drink after a week. 

• Upvote 2

My vote is something dark (porter, stout, brown ale). To my taste buds a Dortmunder has the bland already covered.

Ofcourse unlike the hipsters I don't like any flavoring in my beer.

Like IP my experience was different. My youngest beers were a month old before drinking. Though I did brew all grain it was a very low tech system. I'm curious to see how your come out.

Craig 

12 hours ago, CBBaron said:

My vote is something dark (porter, stout, brown ale). To my taste buds a Dortmunder has the bland already covered.

Ofcourse unlike the hipsters I don't like any flavoring in my beer.

Like IP my experience was different. My youngest beers were a month old before drinking. Though I did brew all grain it was a very low tech system. I'm curious to see how your come out.

Craig 

My dort isn't a copy of the great lakes beer, it's more of a helles export. 5.8% ABV, malty with good Noble hop flavor. I just checked the final gravity tonight and it's spot on. 

I brew all grain, but my equipment isn't fancy, it's rather simple. I use the BIAB or brew in a bag method. Google that shit. The only fancy part is the control panel I built to control my electric mash tun/boil kettle. I can go grain to glass so quick on my ales because 1: I have very good control of fermentation temp and use a very predictable yeast strain and 2: I keg. This allows me to force carbonate my beer instead of naturally carbonating it by adding sugar before bottling. It also allows me to cold crash my beer, which is dropping the temp to near freezing to force all the yeast out of suspension. First few mugs are cloudy, the rest of the keg is brilliantly clear beer. I'll be happy to conduct a tour of my brewery, which consists of standing in my basement for five minutes. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...