Tuning software

what

Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the tuning software out there? Considering picking something up to run on my old laptop for the track bike and was curious what the go-to is now days. People seem to like Tuneboy on the ducati/triumph forums and I am seriously considering taking the plunge but wanted to get others opinions/recommendations on here first since I trust you lot more than the other random people on the internet. 

yeah yeah yeah

I just want to be able to balance my throttle bodies and do other routine ecu-related maintenance myself. That and I think the triumph needs its adaptations reset. It's been running a little wonky since the temperature sensor went kaput. 

For the Triumph, TuneECU is about the most popular program for tuning/diag.  And I'm assuming it works for other mfg's too...

Edit - according to their site it's just for Euro brands

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

I used Tune ecu when I had my Triumph, you need the OBDII to USB adapter off ebay to make it work with the laptop.  It works really well and is what was used to load a custom dyno map on my bike.  I would take the free tune ecu over paying for tuneboy any day.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Use TuneECU for your Triumph if you still have the Street Triple in your profile. NEVER use it on a 2013+, it'll brick your ECU. 

Works great on pre-13 though. It's free, and a $10 cable gets you going. Awesome for maintenance, reading/clearing codes, resetting the adaptation like you mentioned, etc. And if you ever plan on getting the bike tuned, head on over to JD at HordPower. He's about an hour and a half from you and one of the best Triumph tuners in the area. I'm actually taking my race bike there Saturday to get it tuned. His prices are super reasonable. Last time I was there it cost me $100 for the tune. Best money I ever spent on the bike for anything performance related. I put a full Arrow exhaust on, and picked up 13hp with the custom tune vs. running the generic Triumph/Arrow tune. 

Edited by TRMN8TR
  • Upvote 3