Weekend trip with my wife. Any destination recommendations ?

oldschoolsdime92

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Bourbon trail?

34 minutes ago, oldschoolsdime92 said:

More looking for nice hotel recommendations. Would be checking in sat afternoon and our Sunday morning 

Bad has it right, sort of.  From Dayton Louisville isn't a bad run.  It's awesome.  Stay at the Hyatt Louisville downtown.  Right on 4th street in the center of all the action, it's awesome down there.  Tons of stuff to do. Eat at Doc Crow's, easily walkable from the Hyatt. Get a pound of the Cajun/BBQ shrimp.

If you have a good line of BS, call the Hyatt direct.  Tell them you are one of the people that work for 'Derbycon' and you are coming down with your wife for a vaca.  You should get a killer deal.  FYI for your story, Derbycon is a hacker convention my kid runs down there.  He sells the hotel out for a week...spends a BOATLOAD of money there.  They should hook you up.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, BadTrainDriver said:

Wife and I just spent two nights at the Inn at Honey Run right outside Millersburg. Honeycomb suite. Fabulous restaurant. Neat little place. Very "relaxing."

I second this..........

On 1/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Hocking Hills Cabin. It's the off season, shouldnt be too bad money wise.

You could be sitting in a hot tub watching the snow fall this weekend on a cabin porch just sayin.

Raccoon ridge is a great cabin.

Niagra Falls is a good place.
I usually make it a point to travel where there is lots of rushing water... That way if there needs to be an accident, say from a crazy woman, the current will carry all evidence downstream.
Also, White Oaks Inn here in Ohio host murder mystery weekends which looks really cool.
And the there is the Belamere Suites in Perrysburg, Ohio. The rooms have a private garage and a private swimming pool. You can swim naked to your heart's content.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk