Carburetor Sync/Balancer Tool

imagineer

Along with my recently re-acquired Bandit 1200, I've got another other inline four cylinder bike projects in my work shop.    Both will be getting carburetor tear-down and cleaning; and will eventually need the carbs balanced, so I'm looking at buying a sync/balancer tool.    I'm finding carb tool options, some that offer dial gauges, and other that offer graduated columns of mercury (or colored water).

I'd like to hear from those that own a carb sync/balancer tool.  What type do you use and do you have any recommendations for what to look for when shopping for one.

Morgan Carbtune II (2) is the only way to go.

I have made many mercury, gage and electronic.  My final electronic iteration is very accurate and has lots of options, but way outside what any garage tuner would want to pay.

Edited by whaler
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

If I didn't avoid carburetors like the plague, I'd buy a Carbtune. Since I don't touch them often, my MotionPro carb sticks have been adequate. 

You still have to sync throttle bodys.

The MotionPro mercury sticks worked great, the newer blue fluid type not so much.

• 4 months later...