2017 Suzuki DR-Z400S - When you need to throw down on dirt and asphalt in one ride

Iron Pony

The 2017 DR-Z400S is ideal for taking a ride down your favorite off-road trail or ribbon of asphalt. You'll be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc liquid-cooled power plant as well as the crisp handling from the adjustable suspension. This ultra-reliable bike is completely street legal with an electric start and easy-to-read instrument cluster. New solid black bodywork with bold, contrasting color graphics makes the bike stand out on the road, on the trail, or even parked. Whether you're on the highway or on a twisty forest path, the Suzuki DR-Z400S can't be beat. Come see it today @ Pony Powersports!

2016-dr-z400s-4_800x0w.jpg

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

Marvel at the 1980's era 5 speed transmission!

Frustrate yourself as you try to shift to 6th gear for the fifteenmillionth time!

Geeze...this bike is so overdue for modernization.

Every year I hope they update this bike. 

2 minutes ago, dpgasser said:

Definitely....still keeping the GSX-R....might be in Jennings in Feb.

You should save that time and run road hotlanta with us in April!

We should do a mid o or PIRC day at very least in 2017. It was great seeing you at PIRC last year haha what a coincidence. 

27 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You should save that time and run road hotlanta with us in April!

We should do a mid o or PIRC day at very least in 2017. It was great seeing you at PIRC last year haha what a coincidence. 

Yeah, it was cool seeing you there...Man, you have really improved your riding skills!  I will have to follow you around ATL!

7 minutes ago, dpgasser said:

Yeah, it was cool seeing you there...Man, you have really improved your riding skills!  I will have to follow you around ATL!

Thanks Dave, I feel like I've put a lot of time and effort into improving as a rider. I still remember that one ride where you and Jerry swept me back in the day. That was a turning point for sure, thinking I was a pretty good rider (heh). After that ride I was thinking, "Man, how are these guys so freaking fast?! Well if they can do it, I can do it."  @NinjaDoc told me miles, I need more miles under my belt and that's what I went out and did. Lots of miles by myself on twisty roads. I set a goal, I wanted to be able to ride with you guys safely. Once I felt more comfortable, I was able to actually kind of keep up and be able to observe the likes of you, Tony, Pauly, Jim, Romar, UP, Nivin, and other CORE guys.

I've learned a lot from you guys and this community in general. I hope one day I'll be in a position to teach others the things I've learned to make them safer and faster.

13 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Ok....just do a quick Google search "duke 390 known problems"

That should keep you busy for a while.

Range from:

Wheel casting failures (wheels cracking, bending easy)

Cooling system failures

Gear indicator/sensor failures

FI Software/stalling issues

I know this because I am looking at the upcoming KTM 390 ADV bike (same India motor)

For someone who bought a Chinese motorcycle...I would think that doing a broad Google search on "known problems" would not affect them.  I'll take my chances, Lol!

• Upvote 1