So long 2016

Tpoppa

Glad to hear you're better off Tpoppa.  That's a brutal lot to go through.

Weird one for me too.  A good recovery from 4-level cervical disc replacement surgery, but rewarded later with residual peripheral neuropathy (numb/cold/tight arms and hands) that's likely due to lower level compression and systemic inflammation.  A full year of "cleansing the palate" by not dating one bit after a shit marriage with bad custody issues, a LTR with different issues, another promising STR until I undid it facing more critical health issues, made a big job change to an intense management role, switched up a few motorcycles and did several excellent long-distance ADV and camping rides, rounding the year out with 6500 on the odos.  It's why I don't post here as much as I used to - just too busy most of the time.

Still, all said, happy to be alive and getting around, not stuck in an unhealthy relationship, challenged to rise against, and a little more self-aware than 365 days ago.

• Upvote 4

Wow, I suddenly feel like I had a real uneventful year compared to some of you guys. Good for you for coming out the other end stronger.

For me, probably 16,000 or so miles of riding (but way too much of that is riding to Philadelphia and back for work), two track days, and the only real milestone was my old Speed Triple rolling over 100,000 miles.

Good luck for a great 2017 everyone.

• Upvote 2

New CEO this year, so work got kinda crazy and only managed to ride 22k miles.  Terrible election year cost me at least one friend and I almost never talk politics, but I don't tolerate douchebaggery either.  Otherwise, it was a pretty average year. 

• Upvote 1

2016 was awesome for us. I got ample time on the bike. The Mrs. got a new car, and I paid off my Tahoe. We have turned our health around and lost a total of 170 lbs between us. So far no one close to me has died this year. I'd say the only negatives for us are: We have a little more on the credit card than I'm comfortable with, and my son got himself into some legal trouble but that's going to be sealed up here super soon.   

• Upvote 3

Sincere thanks @Isaac's Papa - looking forward to seeing you, @CrazySkullCrusher and the rest of you magnificent bastards again soon.

I'm following the Cleveland motorcycle thread - might make it again this year and finally have time after the event to have a drink with y'all.

33 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

FO SHO @Isaac's Papa looking forward to you tailing my slow ass again ;) 

You're ass might be slow, but you aren't. Look forward to lots of ass-dragging I guess?

And yeah, 2016 has been kinda shitty. Had a good time hanging out/riding with the folks on this forum but beyond that it was pretty much non-stop work sprinkled with a nearly dead dad a few times (congestive heart failure + a number of strokes). He came back to life each time though so that's good, the last one was a little dicey. Sadly it's not something that can be cured as his lower left ventricle is functioning at about 10-15% which causes blood to get "stuck" in something like an eddy causing it to coagulate, form tiny clots and then go to the lungs/brain to do bad things. 

Here's hoping 2017 will be a good recovery year for everyone, for whatever 2016 put you through. 

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Oh, you've no idea. Lets get @theroamr, @Tpoppa, @skrewloose, @EOdesmo and @jbot together and you can watch the Queer MotoGP street fantasy unfold in Georgia. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Part of me really wants to see this.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like some of us have had a rough one this year.  Here's to better results next year for you.  We're lucky that we haven't had much tragedy or drama befall our lives in 2016 other than the wife's aunt needing surgery to rid her of cancer once again, but the prognosis looks good for her.

But, overall this year was good to the wife and I.  Got some good rides in, enjoyed Vintage Days @ MidO, got a raise at work, finished more improvements on the house and garage, stayed injury free, found a bunch of weight I'd lost, and wifey made it through Calculus and Physics with flying colors.  Never made it out to a roadcourse trackday, but we did get a few in on the sumos at the local cartways.  I'd say this year's highlight for me is that I bought a new truck a couple months ago, which was supposed to wait until my bike was paid off next year, but my wife is paying the bike off for me....so I got it early!  Life is good...

Glad to hear from everybody that survived 2016. Uneventful year myself.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Oh, you've no idea. Lets get @theroamr, @Tpoppa, @skrewloose, @EOdesmo and @jbot together and you can watch the Queer MotoGP street fantasy unfold in Georgia. 

I'd watch.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...