Jump to content
motocat12

What did you do to your bicycle today?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

So that’s why I was asking, on my hybrid I was in top gear and had no issues pedaling, so I felt like I was out of gear. 

Road bike! Road bike! Road bike! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

So that’s why I was asking, on my hybrid I was in top gear and had no issues pedaling, so I felt like I was out of gear. 

pedal faster 😀

... but not on the walking path. 

 

hybrids/comfort bikes often have MTB type gearing which is great for climbing steep hills or challenging off road terrain but it pretty easy to spin out on flat smooth roads if you are fit. Spinning faster is the easy option. If you are going to be doing more and longer road rides then get a road bike. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoDAF said:

Road bike! Road bike! Road bike! 

It’s tempting. I never thought I would enjoy the bike path this much, I first was thinking mountain bike but now I’m thinking road bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked only a 8 hour day at work so I had some time this afternoon for a quick ride. Bike path was very crowded.

9213E1E4-C8BE-4BF7-9112-16045F2535C7.thumb.png.34c882a9ab58f81538af09f6bd132615.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the new build out today. Light, quick, absorbs all the bumps. 18 miles on a paved path that runs along the river. I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere near being in acceptable condition. Wow.. 

20200507_173907.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pauly said:

I took the new build out today. Light, quick, absorbs all the bumps. 18 miles on a paved path that runs along the river. I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere near being in acceptable condition. Wow.. 

20200507_173907.jpg

You still have that mtb right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pauly said:

I took the new build out today. Light, quick, absorbs all the bumps. 18 miles on a paved path that runs along the river. I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere near being in acceptable condition. Wow.. 

Wow getting all fancy with Ti

 

I'm off the blood thinners and ready to get outside and I look out the window this morning and see snow ☹️

I've been putting plenty of miles on Zwift in the basement which is a decent way to stay in shape, but it not like a real ride outside.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

Wow getting all fancy with Ti

 

I'm off the blood thinners and ready to get outside and I look out the window this morning and see snow ☹️

I've been putting plenty of miles on Zwift in the basement which is a decent way to stay in shape, but it not like a real ride outside.

 

LOL wait wut? I dont see snow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Wow getting all fancy with Ti

 

I'm off the blood thinners and ready to get outside and I look out the window this morning and see snow ☹️

I've been putting plenty of miles on Zwift in the basement which is a decent way to stay in shape, but it not like a real ride outside.

 

65⁰ in Raleigh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

You still have that mtb right?

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Yes. 

Good good. I'll let you know next time Craig, Dan, and myself hit a trail.

Edit: You cant embarrass us too much, or you arent coming to my birthday party.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Good good. I'll let you know next time Craig, Dan, and myself hit a trail.

Edit: You cant embarrass us too much, or you arent coming to my birthday party.

Embarrass you guys? My bike has been spotless for almost 3 years. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL wait wut? I dont see snow?

Just a few flakes, but there were definitely snow flakes outside this morning. ☹️

I may want to join you sometime for a MTB ride once I get a few rides under my belt this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

Just a few flakes, but there were definitely snow flakes outside this morning. ☹️

I may want to join you sometime for a MTB ride once I get a few rides under my belt this season. 

I saw them just not too long ago. 

 

17 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Embarrass you guys? My bike has been spotless for almost 3 years. Lol

I still remember our mtb ride from a few years ago.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still super muddy out at The Wilds but had a nice ride the other day. Glad to have my old Santa Cruz on days like that. 

3E90A67F-692F-497C-B0C2-B65ED2F9BC48.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 9:12 AM, Mr.Gym10 said:

Still super muddy out at The Wilds but had a nice ride the other day. Glad to have my old Santa Cruz on days like that. 

3E90A67F-692F-497C-B0C2-B65ED2F9BC48.jpeg

How are the ticks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily, I didn’t find any on myself. I stay out of the grassy areas and stick to the woods as much as possible though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a nice riding bike. Too quick for the bike path, though. Wowzers. 

SRAM Force 22 full groupset 

Mavic OpenPro 32 hole rims, Ultegra hubs, DT Swiss 2.0

Continental GP4K II tires

Fizik Antares saddle

LOOK Classic pedals

Arundale Trident carbon cage

El Cheapo saddle post, take-off Cannondale stem and bar. I am still playing with the fit. 

20200507_173907.jpg

20200507_165726.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shelled out for a titanium 23T dual bearing power idler. Was the only option for alu side plates over nylon and close in price. $133. 16 days to arrive domestic?

old one was 13T single bearing.

Gave up on a handsfree center steer python recumbent project and took it to the scrappers. I was able to ride it but it was twitchy.

image.thumb.png.4b1b8ad01e87566983066085917116cd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous owner emailed me wanting to buy his toxy back 👌

ORIG_toxy_liegerad_zr-race-2.3.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Became a lover of chunky knobs. I thought all our trails were considered hardpack

Went from 2.0F 2.35R Mountain king IIs

to 2.5F Bontrgr XR5 2.2R Pigsah 2. Almost didn't mount the pigsah as it's sold as a 2.35 and the casing measures 2" and it was a goal to go with more volume. Had a great fast ride though.

image.png.a1567c719d7731f28a4b407555e8f237.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...