motocat12

What did you do to your bicycle today?

Bought a CX bike. Swapping it from 11-32 cassette to 11-42, so it climbs more easily on gravel rides.

professional bike fitting scheduled for 2/15 😎

• Upvote 1

(Related: my $1200ish in bike purchases is earning my wife a much nicer spa package for Valentine’s Day)

• Haha 1

Went to flip the stem on the dirt jumper and the cap bolt just spun. Stripped from factory. So instead of going to Rays on thursday, I had to drill out the old bolt and take the entire front end off the bike. Good news is that a new star nut was only $2. Most likely hitting up Rays tomorrow night. 

Edited by ludwb675

I ordered 3 of the wrong size tubes and was sent 2 of the wrong and 1 of the right.

20"x  1 1/2 is 2" larger diameter than 20"x 1.5

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, motocat12 said:

I ordered 3 of the wrong size tubes and was sent 2 of the wrong and 1 of the right.

20"x  1 1/2 is 2" larger diameter than 20"x 1.5

When you are dealing with those less common sizes always check the ISO bead diameter. I learned that when I had a BikeE recumbent with ISO 305 (16") and ISO 406 (20") wheels. For some reason both 305 and 349 are both 16" and 305 and 351 are both 20" 🤯

I have those numbers down pat when they are available. But many sellers don't say or pass them off the same as my 1 correct one. I've argued over the dual existence with bikeshops before.The website box photo didn't say. The version of the box I got said 451 and i went, oh crap. again. thanks sunlite!

The 1/4" ones are easier. I don't even have 1/8 inch decimals memorized.

Ordered a Whisky fork for the Kona. Just couldn't help myself. 

Edited by Pauly

One of my levers was at a bit of an angle. loosened it, straightened it tightened it. It was not quite level. Then stripped the recessed alloy cheese torx nut that is impossible to hit straight on 

Ordering titanium replacements

Ground a few mm of off my seat clamp bolt so my saddle can flex without bottoming on it. Now I just have to deal with it blowing apart when moving the saddle.

image.png.fd53e1de3d7576b1b0f101527d6c919e.png

Got a professional fitting on the CX bike last Friday.  Ordered a spare 700c tube. 

Road Apple Roubaix Saturday. Been mostly working on myself until then.  Need to test ride the CX bike with the new cassette, but it’s shifting well on the stand. 

replacing a worn out chain and a new 10s 11-32 cassette on the roadie. Matched with a compact crank. I remember when I weighed less and rode 53/36 x9s 11-23  and only the MTB had  a 32t cassette.

Also got a seat bracket for another fwd bent build finally.

Road it 41.6(?) miles. And got it dirty. 

• Upvote 1