motocat12

What did you do to your bicycle today?

Isaac's Papa    37,829

Almost talked myself into selling the Miyata. Took her off the hooks and around the block. Yeah... she's not for sale. Not even close. 

I do have a bad case of speedy road bike fever. Ordered a pair of 52/36 chainwheels to tide me over. I'll have them on the Wheelhouse by this weekend. Planning 75 miles after work tomorrow and a century on Sunday. 

Did the sweetcorn 50 yesterday. Was fun. Didn't crash. That's always a treat. 

20170730_113406.jpg

20170730_113545(0).jpg

20170730_113537(0).jpg

TimTheAzn    1,559
4 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Did the sweetcorn 50 yesterday. Was fun. Didn't crash. That's always a treat. 

Must've not been a mtb bike ride then... 

• Upvote 1

PhilD'oh!    192

I put a new tube, tire and new rear brake cable on my youngest son's bike.  Does that count?

• Upvote 1

CBBaron    444

4 laps at East Rim.

Amazing it is actually dry and dusty now. 

• Upvote 1

redkow97    7,698

Heading to Royalview after work (have to stop home to get the bike and change clothes).  I'll do 12-18 miles, depending on how fast I'm going, and which route I take.

Still a little timid riding the yellow trail down hill since I crashed there.  I haven't ridden the "interior" (Western) section of the red trail in a while, so I'm thinking outer loop (6.2 miles?), then red loop (3.5?), then the first half of Red again, but detour to the skills section (maybe 3 miles?) and back down yellow (another 4 miles?).  Also depends on where I park.  for whatever reason, I don't like having to take the road back to my car.  I guess I could ride to the trail, but that eats up time I could spend on the trail.

zx3vfr    354

Freaking crashed at Hampton Hills. Well it wasn't so much a crash as it was I lost momentum going up a hill in a turn. Tried to catch myself on a tree. Got my left foot unhooked but couldn't twist my right foot off in time.  Tried to grab the tree missed and landed flat on my back. And slid about 10 feet down the hill. Bike was unharmed though 

Isaac's Papa    37,829

Threw on a 52/36 set on the Wheelhouse. I don't know what I'm expecting, but I had a spare $50 to burn. Why not? 

20170805_132835.jpg

20170805_132743.jpg

20170805_124229.jpg

redkow97    7,698

I actually set my pressures before my ride. 3 laps on the red loop. 

Got passed by a couple of guys on nicer bikes. They did not drop me quickly enough for me to be jealous of their fitness. I wouldn't mind their bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ludwb675    115

New peddles on the mountain bike. Got some 510 shoes as well. Hopefully hitting the trails tonight to try them out. 

• Beer 1

motocat12    679

Bought 3 latex tubes at probikekit @ $7ea and GP4000s II pair @ 71$  for free shipping, great deals. 

I barely have the mold line wore off my performance bike tires and could re-mount and get a few rides out of my old gp4000s

snot    8,281

New water bottle holder.....one time use only.

0811171832.jpg

• Haha 1

snot    8,281

Finally got a real bike Del Sol.

I love this bike, I just feel like I am cheating my work out. 

Screenshot_2017-08-21-19-43-05-1.png

• Beer 1

Ron505    708

Did my first 15 mile ride yesterday.  Heading out for a 25 or so today.  Hopefully I'll work up to be able to hit the trails in a few weeks.