motocat12

What did you do to your bicycle today?

won an anonymous listed Sram xx1 11 speed 10-46(wolftooth) 275 g cassette on ebay for $67 shipped lightly used. 10 cogs are 1 milled piece of steel.

I realized it takes a special freehub after I won it. It's so sexy, I can't be disappointed. Could also double my money. 

image.thumb.png.0eb1aca36759e867a29735fa9ebda823.png 

After a 66 mile gravel ride this weekend

FBG_18_0482-L.jpg

I tore down the drive train. The chainring was missing a couple teeth and the rest of the narrow wide ring was all very narrow. Might explain dropping the chain many times during the ride.

Since the BB was also very gritty and the crankset was described as vintage by the chainring manufacturer, I decided to replace the whole crankset. New SRAM GX 30tooth on its way.

• Beer 1

Rode in the heat for a not so quick 11 miles, had a cross wind that made it feel like riding in a hot air blow drier...

waxed my seat. I had issues with it grabbing on my shorts and causing chaffing on 2 long rides. I thought the shorts were wearing out and the elastic was grabbing but new shorts did the same and sunblock didn't remedy. All fixed now

We rode 25.5 miles Sunday. Was a nice ride, hopefully we do it again later this month. 

• Like 1

Built up a 20 in wheel with a nuvinci CVT hub. Need to finish a bike to fit it to.

Image result for NuVinci N360 20"

• Beer 1

New Panaracers for the Kona and new Mavic Open Pro hoops, DT 2.0 laced to Origin8 hubs. Also installed a set of Michelin Power tires and a shiny 16 tooth cog. Pulled 36.5 mph put of her on Saturday on a roadie ride. That is 155 rpm...and I loved every mile. 

20180930_180107.jpg

20180930_175022.jpg

• Like 1

Put on my leafspring seatpost. 200g less than the crank bros post with an elastomer seat. No rides yet. It did tilt back when I sat on it with bolts torqued by feel .

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Temani-Newest-Bicycle-Carbon-Seatpost-different-shaped-seatpost-two-pieces-synthetic-seatpost-27-2-30-8/32692577387.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.56cc4c4dmvG6xq

Image result for 3ts seatpost