motocat12

What did you do to your bicycle today?

ludwb675    120

Ordered a shorter stem. Hoping it will fix my fit enough i don't have to buy a new bike. 

First road bike, was an impulse buy cause they gave me $400 off and wasn't fitted properly.

Isaac's Papa    37,896
3 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Ordered a shorter stem. Hoping it will fix my fit enough i don't have to buy a new bike. 

First road bike, was an impulse buy cause they gave me $400 off and wasn't fitted properly.

So long as the top tube isn't too tall, you should be able to get that taken care of. 

ludwb675    120
1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

So long as the top tube isn't too tall, you should be able to get that taken care of. 

I don't think it's too tall. I'm just too stretched out. Didn't bother me when i first started riding cause i didn't ride too far. But now any longer than an hour riding and my lower back starts hurting. I have the seat all the way forward already. 

Isaac's Papa    37,896
28 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

I don't think it's too tall. I'm just too stretched out. Didn't bother me when i first started riding cause i didn't ride too far. But now any longer than an hour riding and my lower back starts hurting. I have the seat all the way forward already. 

Stop moving things. There a process for fitting the bike. Where do you live? If you're close to Akron, I can help you get that sorted. 

ludwb675    120
31 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Stop moving things. There a process for fitting the bike. Where do you live? If you're close to Akron, I can help you get that sorted. 

I'm in North Olmsted so not that close; thanks for the offer though. I'm going to try the shorter stem first. If that doesn't help, Eddy's bike shop is 5 minutes from my house. I'll have them do a proper fitting and if i can't get my bike where it needs to be, i'll see what kind of trade-in i can get. I was just trying to save some money by fitting it myself based off reading online. But doing a professional fitting may be a necessity. 

motocat12    689

cleaned and greased quattro 4ti's

2133936700528c443dde6be.jpg

Edited by motocat12

Isaac's Papa    37,896

Welp, deposit paid and my new bike is heading this way. I have a buyer lined up for the SSCX and if the Wheelhouse is all I hope it will be... the Trek may be on the auction block soon. I'll be down to three then.

Touring rig, a MTB and a Workhorse. Pretty stoked about the Kona. Can't wait to ride it. 

IMG_5808.JPG

• Upvote 2

blue03636    4,091

Something that nice you better forget how to climb.

Isaac's Papa    37,896
7 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Something that nice you better forget how to climb.

Steel frame. Climbs all by itself. 

Isaac's Papa    37,896

New (to me) wheelset for the hardtail. Tired of repairing those shitty wheels that came with it. Every other ride is a spoke snapper. That's about enough of that. 

IMG_5821.JPG

motocat12    689
On 5/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

. Pretty stoked about the Kona. Can't wait to ride it. IMG_5808.JPG

Unlevel cranks, just your style.

• Upvote 1

Isaac's Papa    37,896

Just interviewed a potential new owner for my Trek. Seems like he's gonna take her tomorrow. Pretty sure my regret meter just pinged the red zone. If anybody needs me, I'll be in the bottom of a pickle jar. :( 

blue03636    4,091

Did it go down like quizzing a boy about to date your daughter.

Isaac's Papa    37,896
1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

Did it go down like quizzing a boy about to date your daughter.

"How long have you been a cyclist?"

"You don't look like a climber. This is a climbing bike. Just what are your intentions here?"

"I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm ok with her leaving with you. I have to sleep on this." 

• Upvote 1

jhawk    53

So sad to see em go... 

• Upvote 1

Isaac's Papa    37,896

I feel better having slept on it. Dude is genuinely attracted to the bike and it's his first road bike. Moving from a hybrid and wanting to step up his cycling game. He deserves a good bike to take him where he wants to go. She'll take good care of him. 

He bought the whole enchilada and did try to knock me down $50...to which I shortly said, "Not a chance."  So, I got my asking price and he got a mechanically perfect ride for $500. Win/win. 

No sense living in the past. Now I wait for the bike shop to call and let me know my new special lady friend is ready to come home. 

........tick, tock, tick, tock.........

Casper    22,559

I finally graduated to big boy pedals. No more mountain bike pedals/shoes for me. 

LK-K2MLTD-KG-TOP.jpg

• Upvote 1

CBBaron    446
1 hour ago, Casper said:

I finally graduated to big boy pedals. No more mountain bike pedals/shoes for me. 

So you will walk like a duck on ice :D

I tried road shoes at one point, but I couldn't put up with the difficulties off the bike. 

Edited by CBBaron
  • Upvote 1

Casper    22,559
2 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

So you will walk like a duck on ice :D

I tried road shoes at one point, but I couldn't put up with the difficulties off the bike. 

I'm more concerned with breaking my ankles. :lol: 

Casper    22,559
21 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

What size shoe do you wear, @Casper

EU45

blue03636    4,091
1 hour ago, Casper said:

EU45

This is merica bitch.