What did you do to your bicycle today?

motocat12

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

So that’s why I was asking, on my hybrid I was in top gear and had no issues pedaling, so I felt like I was out of gear. 

pedal faster 😀

... but not on the walking path. 

hybrids/comfort bikes often have MTB type gearing which is great for climbing steep hills or challenging off road terrain but it pretty easy to spin out on flat smooth roads if you are fit. Spinning faster is the easy option. If you are going to be doing more and longer road rides then get a road bike. 

I took the new build out today. Light, quick, absorbs all the bumps. 18 miles on a paved path that runs along the river. I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere near being in acceptable condition. Wow.. 

20200507_173907.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pauly said:

I took the new build out today. Light, quick, absorbs all the bumps. 18 miles on a paved path that runs along the river. I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere near being in acceptable condition. Wow.. 

20200507_173907.jpg

You still have that mtb right?

12 hours ago, Pauly said:

Wow getting all fancy with Ti

I'm off the blood thinners and ready to get outside and I look out the window this morning and see snow ☹️

I've been putting plenty of miles on Zwift in the basement which is a decent way to stay in shape, but it not like a real ride outside.

13 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

I'm off the blood thinners and ready to get outside and I look out the window this morning and see snow ☹️

I've been putting plenty of miles on Zwift in the basement which is a decent way to stay in shape, but it not like a real ride outside.

LOL wait wut? I dont see snow?

2 hours ago, CBBaron said:

65⁰ in Raleigh. 

16 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Yes. 

Good good. I'll let you know next time Craig, Dan, and myself hit a trail.

Edit: You cant embarrass us too much, or you arent coming to my birthday party.

Edited by TimTheAzn

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Good good. I'll let you know next time Craig, Dan, and myself hit a trail.

Edit: You cant embarrass us too much, or you arent coming to my birthday party.

Embarrass you guys? My bike has been spotless for almost 3 years. Lol

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL wait wut? I dont see snow?

Just a few flakes, but there were definitely snow flakes outside this morning. ☹️

I may want to join you sometime for a MTB ride once I get a few rides under my belt this season. 

15 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

Just a few flakes, but there were definitely snow flakes outside this morning. ☹️

I may want to join you sometime for a MTB ride once I get a few rides under my belt this season. 

I saw them just not too long ago. 

17 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Embarrass you guys? My bike has been spotless for almost 3 years. Lol

I still remember our mtb ride from a few years ago.... 

What a nice riding bike. Too quick for the bike path, though. Wowzers. 

SRAM Force 22 full groupset 

Mavic OpenPro 32 hole rims, Ultegra hubs, DT Swiss 2.0

Continental GP4K II tires

Fizik Antares saddle

LOOK Classic pedals

Arundale Trident carbon cage

El Cheapo saddle post, take-off Cannondale stem and bar. I am still playing with the fit. 

20200507_173907.jpg

20200507_165726.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shelled out for a titanium 23T dual bearing power idler. Was the only option for alu side plates over nylon and close in price. $133. 16 days to arrive domestic?

old one was 13T single bearing.

Gave up on a handsfree center steer python recumbent project and took it to the scrappers. I was able to ride it but it was twitchy.

image.thumb.png.4b1b8ad01e87566983066085917116cd.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Became a lover of chunky knobs. I thought all our trails were considered hardpack

Went from 2.0F 2.35R Mountain king IIs

to 2.5F Bontrgr XR5 2.2R Pigsah 2. Almost didn't mount the pigsah as it's sold as a 2.35 and the casing measures 2" and it was a goal to go with more volume. Had a great fast ride though.

image.png.a1567c719d7731f28a4b407555e8f237.png

Added a german touch Ventilanschluss! I had swapped a spare schwinn pumps double head on my bontrager dual volume pump's single head before. Didn't hold pressure readings between pumps

This new one has a very easy lever. Less fingernail hammering, but it locks opposite which will be a pain to get used to.

image.png.1ccba71a1109fe22d28211f35da2abbe.png

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...