What did you do to your bicycle today?

motocat12

10 minutes ago, durk said:

I agree. It’s funny, I never noticed them as a kid. It sucks to get old and out of shape. 

Most of my bike riding years were spent in Houston, I have NO idea how I just casually rode EVERYWHERE when I was a kid in 100 degree heat and 97% humidity hahaha

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Got out with Craig and Dan this weekend. In true Pauly fashion I crashed (went over the bars and face planted) so it was a true mountain bike ride.

Where was this at? Don't recognize it. 

So, because the gym is closed....

I have rode over 100 miles in April and over 120 this year. I have never rode that much before May in the past.

Ass is still big and still need the gym for strength and muscle tone.

Kitchen has zero tire marks and plenty of sammiches.

1 hour ago, snot said:

So, because the gym is closed....

I have rode over 100 miles in April and over 120 this year. I have never rode that much before May in the past.

Ass is still big and still need the gym for strength and muscle tone.

Kitchen has zero tire marks and plenty of sammiches.

Start riding that bike up hills. Your ass will have plenty of muscle tone. 

I do...both ways. It's how we start and finish the ride. I miss back squats and over head squats. I was back squatting over 200 and front squatting 160. Over head was only 95, I was working on it.

Screenshot_20200428-162406.png

I’m really enjoying riding the bicycle. Got a quick 10 mile spin yesterday morning, then took the motorcycle out for a ride as well. Ended up ditching the Fiancé’s Walmart bike and bought her a Giant Sedona. She is much better at pedaling up the hills now.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Got out with Craig and Dan this weekend. In true Pauly fashion I crashed (went over the bars and face planted) so it was a true mountain bike ride.

8F0F1F8D-C526-4459-887E-66DAABCFE4DA.jpeg

ED5CAA48-17E0-4373-B1ED-0A3F50F5CB22.jpeg

4F6D3971-0CDE-4044-A605-07670A98C0F3.jpeg

F2EDEDA8-BB56-48D5-AECF-B329CD99BE0C.jpeg

Trek rollin deep

I will probably never forget watching you fly over the bars not even 5 minutes into the ride. 

• Haha 1

Rode the ZR  bent 24 mi. on the TJ evans trail from Newark to Johnstown. 1.5 mile from the trailhead my chain came off the single ring. As coasting to a stop I saw the chainring wobble. 3 aluminum chainring bolts were gone, 2 loose. The 2 piece spider was also loose. Glad this happened before I sold it.

Also checked out the Horns Hill downhill runs in Newark. They are no joke, steep ,gap jumps, lot of loose rock berms though.

• Upvote 1

Went out and rode with my fiancé, brother, and sister in law. They did 15 miles and I rode 22 miles. So the last 7 miles, I rode by myself. What is an average speed for flat paved bike path? My ride tracking app said I averaged 14mph for the final 7 miles.

@JustinNck1No app or anything here. Bike is a 20yr old Sears $100 mountain type bike. Based on mile markers on the trail and my math, I typically avg 13-15mph on the bike path near me. 

Edited by durk

17 minutes ago, durk said:

@JustinNck1No app or anything here. Bike is a 20yr old Sears $100 mountain type bike. Based on mile markers on the trail and my math, I typically avg 13-15mph on the bike path near me. 

I was using the MapMyRide app on my phone. 

46 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Went out and rode with my fiancé, brother, and sister in law. They did 15 miles and I rode 22 miles. So the last 7 miles, I rode by myself. What is an average speed for flat paved bike path? My ride tracking app said I averaged 14mph for the final 7 miles.

That's average pace for a hybrid. Not that it matters in reality, but most bike&hike paths have a 15mph maximum speed limit. You were pushing your luck, pal. 

12 hours ago, CoDAF said:

That's average pace for a hybrid. Not that it matters in reality, but most bike&hike paths have a 15mph maximum speed limit. You were pushing your luck, pal. 

So that’s why I was asking, on my hybrid I was in top gear and had no issues pedaling, so I felt like I was out of gear.