What did you do to your bicycle today?

motocat12

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:13 PM, motocat12 said:

with the Der cage still clear the spokes?

Meh... I just bought a new wheelset. Mavic Open Pros with Ultegra hubs. My build kit is complete, minus a pair of new tubes. Any good tutorials on how to properly setup Sram's FD w/ the yaw pivot?

53 minutes ago, CoDAF said:

Meh... I just bought a new wheelset. Mavic Open Pros with Ultegra hubs. My build kit is complete, minus a pair of new tubes. Any good tutorials on how to properly setup Sram's FD w/ the yaw pivot?

I'm running a force 22 yaw. I feel like I just mounted it and it worked.the top google one?

• Upvote 1

Rode the bike the cardiologist restricted 20 miles and put the Shimano cleats on my new Sidi Genius 7 Mega shoes. I keep saying I've turned the page on the 20 mile limitation, but it's hard, before the HA I rode 700 miles the month of June 2017. I have said it many times and it's true, if you asked me to go on a 20 mile ride I wouldn't even get dressed to go for a 20 mile ride. Got to turn the page..... glad to be alive and able to ride! 

unnamed.jpg

Edited by ricer1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

Rode the bike the cardiologist restricted 20 miles and put the Shimano cleats on my new Sidi Genius 7 Mega shoes. I keep saying I've turned the page on the 20 mile limitation, but it's hard, before the HA I rode 700 miles the month of June 2017. I have said it many times and it's true, if you asked me to go on a 20 mile ride I wouldn't even get dressed to go for a 20 mile ride. Got to turn the page..... glad to be alive and able to ride! 

unnamed.jpg

Just got dominator 7's the other week. I'm hoping they break in, my old dragons are much more comfotable.

Is that 20 at a time or per day...?

I bought a bicycle! I know it’s nothing compared to the bikes you guys got, but I haven’t owned a bike since I was a kid. My fiancé and I decided to buy cheap Walmart bikes, see how much we ride, then if we see we’re enjoying it, we will buy more quality bicycles. I got a 700c hybrid and she got a cruiser.

4B6845F4-1A1D-43C6-885C-FA96372678DD.thumb.jpeg.d5fd8b1b0111a81c9070f6e42860f147.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricer1 said:

I just put a new climbing toy together. I have to test ride and make fit adjustments before I wrap the bar, but it will be dialed in by May. We should get together and ride. I am nowhere near in shape enough to do more than 20 miles at anything hot enough to call quick, but am very fired up to get back to "a quick 50 miles after work" condition. 

Three years ago I was crushing 30-50 mile rides on my fixed gear. Now I throw a sheet over it so I can't see it mocking me. Time to make a change, for sure. I had nothing remotely close to your experience happen to me, but I am still rebuilding myself from my last peronal Michael Bay Production. If you are looking for company that you are probably faster than.. I am your guy. 

13 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Just got dominator 7's the other week. I'm hoping they break in, my old dragons are much more comfotable.

Is that 20 at a time or per day...?

Doc has me limited to an hour of exercise not over 150 BPM, but I convinced him to let me ride 20 miles per day. As he says exercise is good, extreme exercise as I was doing is not good for people with a family history of heart attacks. My Dad died of a HA at 55 years old, my brother had his first HA at 38 years old.  

12 hours ago, CoDAF said:

I just put a new climbing toy together. I have to test ride and make fit adjustments before I wrap the bar, but it will be dialed in by May. We should get together and ride. I am nowhere near in shape enough to do more than 20 miles at anything hot enough to call quick, but am very fired up to get back to "a quick 50 miles after work" condition. 

Three years ago I was crushing 30-50 mile rides on my fixed gear. Now I throw a sheet over it so I can't see it mocking me. Time to make a change, for sure. I had nothing remotely close to your experience happen to me, but I am still rebuilding myself from my last peronal Michael Bay Production. If you are looking for company that you are probably faster than.. I am your guy. 

That would be great to ride with someone, all the guys I rode with did the miles or more, like I said they won't get dressed to ride 20 miles. The weather doesn't look great the next week, but in the future lets ride. I have to avoid hills because it forces my heart rate too high, in the past I used to look for hills to train.... LOL!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ricer1 said:

That would be great to ride with someone, all the guys I rode with did the miles or more, like I said they won't get dressed to ride 20 miles. The weather doesn't look great the next week, but in the future lets ride. I have to avoid hills because it forces my heart rate too high, in the past I used to look for hills to train.... LOL!

It's a date. 

Got my first ride in yesterday. 18 miles and I was beat. Never dreamed a head wind made that much difference. I’m sore today, but I guess that’s that’s part of adjusting to something new. I know I can’t wait to go out and ride again.

9375F239-F76D-4C68-9EF1-312216681BA1.thumb.jpeg.8d502cd7c91120198f51e62fdf3997ed.jpeg

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Got my first ride in yesterday. 18 miles and I was beat. Never dreamed a head wind made that much difference. I’m sore today, but I guess that’s that’s part of adjusting to something new. I know I can’t wait to go out and ride again.

Yea head winds are a bitch. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea head winds are a bitch. 

I agree. It’s funny, I never noticed them as a kid. It sucks to get old and out of shape.