What did you do to your bicycle today?

motocat12

26 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Annnnd seller is saying he doesn't want to let it go for less than $500-$700 more than my winning ebay bid. 

Unless he had a reserve I believe he just did. If he won't deliver I believe Ebay has tools to deal with these types of situations.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

Unless he had a reserve I believe he just did. If he won't deliver I believe Ebay has tools to deal with these types of situations.

There's too many shitheads on ebay for them to enforce it all. I think you get 5 strikes before they decide fees aren't worth it. Or he'll just cancel the account.

image.png.4b3293e31aa1e2d21fe7a4db1a0f127f.png

8 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

There's too many shitheads on ebay for them to enforce it all. I think you get 5 strikes before they decide fees aren't worth it. Or he'll just cancel the account.

image.png.4b3293e31aa1e2d21fe7a4db1a0f127f.png

So auction sales are not binding. Good to know. :(

Nice of Ebay to be so helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode on Saturday.  Not quite 10.5 miles of frozen  singletrack.  It was a little icy in some spots, but overall, quite rideable.  

Nice to be back outside.  Royalview looks a bit different covered in snow.  I actually almost got lost once.  The trail doubles-back and nearly intersects itself, and some people had crossed over in a way that made it unclear which direction to continue.

I managed to ride up an icy area where the water drains down the trail.  The people behind me were heard yelling, "WALK THIS," which was a point of satisfaction.

Planning to be back outside (somewhere) this weekend.  Vulture's Knob has a winter race on Sunday at 1:00.  I'll be preparing for "preschool prom" with my daughter.  It's not a father/daughter dance, but I am expected to attend, and wear a suit. 

I also lubed the shit out of my chain and cassette after several recent snow rides.  While good for my bike, this has wreaked havoc on my car ...which is parked below my bike, when I hang it in the garage.  Chain lube does not wipe off of a windshield and hood nearly as easily as you would expect.  I was using dish soap.  May have to attack with something stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

cleaned up my bike a LOT last week to take it to Ray's Indoor.  Put on an "ass savers" fender last night.   Hoping it won't be needed for riding this weekend.

I also ordered new brake pads.  New chain needs to be ordered and installed for the spring.

Didn't really do anything to the bikes but mounted a hitch on the vacation transportation to be able to take them with us.(and yes I've already purchased a 4inch riser to get them high off the ground) And sorry my quality of pedal machines is stuck in the 80s..lol

20180221_183143.thumb.jpg.e8fc95778e34371d2e15af1d2f69af02.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Didn't really do anything to the bikes but mounted a hitch on the vacation transportation to be able to take them with us.(and yes I've already purchased a 4inch riser to get them high off the ground) And sorry my quality of pedal machines is stuck in the 80s..lol

20180221_183143.thumb.jpg.e8fc95778e34371d2e15af1d2f69af02.jpg

How big is that pole barn?

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

How big is that pole barn?

24x40..I currently have 3 cars, 2 bikes a zero turn mower and still room to work on stuff in there. Yea i waited 15 years for a proper garage I got all the room I could get. Really wish it was 28x40 but it wasnt possible. When the snow stops for good her old red turd work car will go back outside to make room to pull the bikes in and out and able to turn them around in the garage.

Edited by 2talltim

• 1 month later...

Tried my luck at beating the front after work and snagged a quickie. Obligatory mid-point pic as evidence I still own a bicycle. About half a mile from home the front caught me and damn near put me into a curb. Wow! Very unnerving as I wasn't ready for such a strong cross wind. Still beats not riding. 

I think it needs shallower drops. Maybe a Nitto Noodle is in order? 

20180427_164527.jpg

15 hours ago, Pauly said:

Tried my luck at beating the front after work and snagged a quickie. Obligatory mid-point pic as evidence I still own a bicycle. About half a mile from home the front caught me and damn near put me into a curb. Wow! Very unnerving as I wasn't ready for such a strong cross wind. Still beats not riding. 

I think it needs shallower drops. Maybe a Nitto Noodle is in order? 

20180427_164527.jpg

Nice!

That storm seemed to come out of nowhere. Beautiful afternoon with calm winds then blowing and windy a few minutes later.

I like the Salsa Cowbell for shallow drop bars. They were on my Warbird before the crash now on my Crosscheck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, Pauly said:

Got my Kona back. First ride of the year. First since @TimTheAzn rode with me last year. Felt great to be in the woods again. I didn't even crash today. :)

Not crashing, Is that a first for you :D

I decided I was riding the trails enough it was time to get an actual MTB.

Got this for a great price from a local on facebook.

0510181927-L.jpg

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

Nevernind. I saw orange and immediately thought Roscoe. I didn't know you were mainstream enough to buy Specialized. Lol

LOL, if I bought new I was buying a Stache, but reviews are pretty good on the Fuze and this one came up for a great price. Gotta love guys who go through new bikes every year or 2. They make for some great deals :D Bicycles or motorcycles.

• Like 1
  • Beer 1