International Motorcycle Show - Cleveland

ScubaCinci

37 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Here. Ducati Supersport is awesome, save for the "girls bike" riding position. Never sat on the baby Panigale. It's pretty much awesome in every way. I want one. Good thing I can't afford one. 

That Supersport S got my attention.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2017 at 0:42 PM, Tpoppa said:

Were the new Street Triples there?   There's a new one with ohlins.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Like Triumph had a booth there. :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

I did finally find a helmet that I'm going to wear when I go 2 up with @Tonik

image.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Apparently NorthernOhio had a whole quiver of trumpets on display. We missed them because drugs. 

They had a small selection of but pretty nice selection of Triumphs. The Thruxton R with a bubble fairing was a real looker if you like 70s retro bikes.

I was there Sunday morning. The stunt show was impressive. Not the most attractive Duc but I like the Hypermotard. Just feels right to me when I sit on it. I'll have to get a test ride on one some day.

The KTMs are getting some very fugly head lights.

The new R6 was also had some pretty fugly headlights but was the easiest of the supersports I tried to fold myself into. I still dont think I could ride a SS without killing myself. Not just due to the power but due to the contortions I'm required to do to ride one.

I like the Z125 better than the Grom. Interesting how Kawasaki put the the Z125 is the corner closest to the Honda booth :)

The Suzuki VanVan is the same engine size, weight and tire sizes as the Yamaha TW. The TW is sold as a dual sport, the VanVan is obviously configured/sold as a street bike. :wtf: However the VanVan seat was super wide and soft. very odd on a bike.

Good way to spend a snowy winter morn.

56 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Apparently NorthernOhio had a whole quiver of trumpets on display. We missed them because drugs. 

I didn't, sat on the Thruxton. Got an invite to their private party. Girl I was talking to loves  WuTang.

On 1/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Tell me... do you have a personal beef with the IMS? 

Not really, I have been at the show for the last 8 years as a member of the VJMC and the AMA's History of Motorcycles.

But this year there are new owners of the show that insisted that EVERYONE had to sign a contract with the show. No non-profit club has ever had to do that in the last 15 years with the previous owners. Failure to display the # of bikes that the exhibitor stated ahead of time in the contract that they intended to show would or could be a contract breach of the contract and would / could result in a fine/fee of up to $10,000 per show contract. This was at each and every IMS show this year. Our club could be hit with up to $70,000 liability. Wasn't going to happen and so there are a lot of exhibitors that are not going to be at any of the IMS shows this year.  Maybe next year they will come to their senses, but I really doubt it.  The show has been getting smaller and smaller each year and more and more of  the vendors are not even bike related. Ticket cost has been going up and now even the parking fee has increased to the point that it has been financially prohibitive for a family of four to attend. That doesn't even include the travel expense for someone not in this area...i.e. Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton.

On 1/30/2017 at 3:05 PM, what said:

I'm listening to something right now that rhymes with screw wang

WANG CHUNG!?

I would go if there is a promise that we will be taking over a bar only to get thrown out and banned for life again. 

So this is for those that went to the show.....

What did you think of the content?

What did you think of the show overall? 

Was it worth the cost of admission and parking?  

What would you suggest to the management to include next year?  

General comments and opinions ???