Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Jester_ said:

We could probably talk to Mark Junge and if there is enough interest get a group rate for those who dont have certs.  

Maybe include Ryan in it somehow. 

100% would be down for that. Did you save me some stickers? Not sure what bike they are going on yet but I know I want some!

4 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

We could probably talk to Mark Junge and if there is enough interest get a group rate for those who dont have certs.  

Maybe include Ryan in it somehow. 

Hell if this works out I could just buy another day and save the cert. If that would help with a group rate.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

100% would be down for that. Did you save me some stickers? Not sure what bike they are going on yet but I know I want some!

Ummm I didnt get any yet to be honest. N2 didnt really do anything down there however they had 150 stickers printed up from drippinwet. I need to contact Kappy to have him send them to me or something. 

I spoke with Ryans sister last week and she said that his mom wanted the $ that he paid for track days for next year to be used at a track somewhere instead of being returned to her. So they were looking into maybe getting some sort of plaque somewhere and/or buying a section of air fence at PIRC with his name and number on it they aren't sure yet. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

@snot and I might be able to make this happen depending on when it is, and if you all don't mind a couple lowly novice riders in your fancy dancy fast guy race club party

Anyone and everyone is welcome.

I'd love to see you guys tear it up!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Anyone and everyone is welcome.

I'd love to see you guys tear it up!!

About the only thing I'll be tearing up is my ass and my quads LOL.   Her and I just did the cart track thing this year, but I know she's ready to get her ninja back on a roadcourse.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

About the only thing I'll be tearing up is my ass and my quads LOL.   Her and I just did the cart track thing this year, but I know she's ready to get her ninja back on a roadcourse.

andddd that's why I've been training specifically for riding since the beginning of summer. Since winter is coming I plan on building a bit more muscle instead of the lean stuff I've developed. Then trim back down as the season starts.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

andddd that's why I've been training specifically for riding since the beginning of summer. Since winter is coming I plan on building a bit more muscle instead of the lean stuff I've developed. Then trim back down as the season starts.

Come cycling with me. :D

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Or just do what everyone else does and buy a 750. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Come cycling with me. :D

@Isaac's Papa has been barking up that tree for a little while. I got my dad's old motobecane and fixed it up, turns out the frame is far too large for me. I have my old Trek mountain bike somewhere at home. I'll have to grab that when I go back to cbus here soon.

I'd be down to pedal around. however I am no where near calling myself a cyclist.

Edited by TimTheAzn

9 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I sooooo need to engage in this behavior.  I'm a good 40 pounds away from even thinking about zipping my leathers, and I really hate to spend mega coin on a fatter size.....so, mission accepted - let the cut begin....again :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester_ said:

Or just do what everyone else does and buy a 750. 

675r's, r6's, and 750's are on my radar.

I did find myself wanting more top end last year that my triumph just didnt have. But I also LOVE the low end of the 675 and that helps get my ass out of corners when I slow too much on entry :lol:

1 minute ago, Hellmutt said:

I sooooo need to engage in this behavior.  I'm a good 40 pounds away from even thinking about zipping my leathers, and I really hate to spend mega coin on a fatter size.....so, mission accepted - let the cut begin....again :D

Do it man! I use riding as my motivation to workout every day pretty much. I just want to get better.

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

675r's, r6's, and 750's are on my radar.

I did find myself wanting more top end last year that my triumph just didnt have. But I also LOVE the low end of the 675 and that helps get my ass out of corners when I slow too much on entry :lol:

Just have to keep the R6 in the right gear and exits arent a problem. 

Also the newer 675 has more top end than the older one so its the best of both worlds. 

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Gotta sell mine first. Even with the 31k, it's still too clean to be a trackbike imo lol.

If it doesnt sell, I'll be buying some safety wire pliers and looking up tutorials on how to use em lol.

Ya I would look for a track bike for sure. I know you hate GSXRs but there are some screaming deals on 600s with hooked up suspension out there.

Just now, Jester_ said:

Ya I would look for a track bike for sure. I know you hate GSXRs but there are some screaming deals on 600s with hooked up suspension out there.

GSXR 600's, I have a bad history with.

1000's and 750's I have been fine LOL.

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

I got into cycling for a few weeks but I just cant get any enjoyment out of it. 

Enter a race.  Realizing how much i suck at something motivates me to improve. I couldn't train on the road full-time, but off road seems to be really entertaining.  I have only gotten out on the trail once so far, but the initial result was highly encouraging.  I can see it being a lot like riding on a racetrack.  At my current pace and (marginal) fitness level, it's already fun.  As my fitness and technique improve, the challenges change, but they never completely go away.  You can always get stronger, brake later, and accelerate earlier.

bad time of year to be getting into cycling, but it checks a lot of boxes for me:  2-wheels, competition, fitness, and cheap.  I mean, bikes aren't cheap, but you're not exactly blowing through tires or spending much at all on race fees.  Even an expensive bicycle costs less than a cheap motorcycle after a year or two of racing both.

Plus the cycling crowd seems to be way into drinking IPAs and eating tacos. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

@Isaac's Papa has been barking up that tree for a little while. I got my dad's old motobecane and fixed it up, turns out the frame is far too large for me. I have my old Trek mountain bike somewhere at home. I'll have to grab that when I go back to cbus here soon.

I'd be down to pedal around. however I am no where near calling myself a cyclist.

You will be buying spandex in no time.