Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was thinking about getting a group of us together to do a track day at Mid-Ohio.

This is a great opportunity to:

1. Meet some of the riders that are frequently posting on the forums but aren't always out on the street rides.

2. Get on track for the first time! A lot of us will be there and can lend a helping hand to whoever needs it.

3. Get back on track if you haven't been on one in a while.

And of course, Ohio Riders is in no way responsible for anything that happens on/off track, especially when we aren't on track ;). But I can promise your machine will stay Oreo-free your first day.

Just wanted to see if there was any interest before I think more into it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, F4iguy said:

A.  Why R6?

B.  You know of an R6 available?

A. He was running similar times to his gsxr the first weekend on his r6.

B. I've been creeping the wera and n2 forums. There are always track bikes for sale on there.

Why is my name not on that list

**also, might want to put out feelers on a PIRC day since they run on the weekend and mid-o is generally on weekdays. A weekend date may make it easier for new/uncertain folks to show up. 

Edited by what

4 hours ago, F4iguy said:

A.  Why R6?

B.  You know of an R6 available?

08+ R6 is the way to go for a 600 IMO. I have ridden Brandon's 675, my 05 CBR and 06 GSXR and the bike that comes the closest is the 675. I liked the feel of the brakes on the R6 over the 675, comes with a slipper clutch as well and you can do a ton with the stock ECU. The 675 will have more torque but the top end of the R6 is very strong and if you keep it in the right gear you won't lose much on drive. The 675 I think turns in easier but the R6 isn't far behind in that category and it gives you more confidence in mid corner and exit. I haven't ridden a new zx6 but I hear they are very good as well. 

The GSXR and CBR I had aren't even worth mentioning in a comparison with one IMO. But those are just my experiences and I'm sure someone else would rather ride one of those or a new zx6 than an R6.

They are for sale all over the place, but you also seem to pay a premium for them. 

14 hours ago, Trackbikez said:

I've got 4 certs, so I'll be there.

Nioceee

13 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

I could be in depending on the day

Seems like there is a fair amount of interest. I'll probably put it in a poll after I figure out Mid-O's 2017 track days.

12 hours ago, what said:

Why is my name not on that list

**also, might want to put out feelers on a PIRC day since they run on the weekend and mid-o is generally on weekdays. A weekend date may make it easier for new/uncertain folks to show up. 

I'm also down to do this, but didnt want to bombard the boards with all these unofficial track days. Figured that even though PIRC is close, me saying mid-ohio would attract more people since it isnt "out of state".

11 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Wheres this Mid Ohio you speak of? Can I wheelie at this place? I like to go fast.

It's somewhere in the middle of ohio. No wheelies, going fast is frowned upon, but short people like us are welcome so you should stop out if you aren't working Med! :dunno:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Seems like there is a fair amount of interest. I'll probably put it in a poll after I figure out Mid-O's 2017 track days.

We could probably talk to Mark Junge and if there is enough interest get a group rate for those who dont have certs.  

Maybe include Ryan in it somehow. 

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 1