Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, what said:

Who's going to be acting DP for this shindig? Derek? Doc? 

I'm guessing most of the group will be in Novice because of the 2 trackday rule so we may need a couple photographers split between the groups.

P.S.

Director of Photography. Not the other DP. 

It must be my bipolar manic phase acting again, I feel like being serious about photo videos again and investing more time and money into it. Starting with better pc and then getting the set up right for go pro and seriously start to make some videos :)  But this feeling won't last long, if I can just fight it till it goes away I be okay and won't waste money as well haha 

16 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

If that's the case time to be mature :) need a Vfr now or better get an fjr 

Never. My daughter took a 150 mile 3 hr ride with me last summer  on the rr and handled it like a champ. We are going to trailer to Deals then ride the area, so no need for the sport tourer just yet. Plan is to take some longer rides with her in spring before we head down and see just how long we can ride before we can't handle it anymore. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, durk said:

Never. My daughter took a 150 mile 3 hr ride with me last summer  on the rr and handled it like a champ. We are going to trailer to Deals then ride the area, so no need for the sport tourer just yet. Plan is to take some longer rides with her in spring before we head down and see just how long we can ride before we can't handle it anymore. 

Good thing about the Gap roads is you'll find your tolerance goes up and you ride longer each day.....like adrenaline is in the air down there

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, what said:

good for your mental health but your bank account is bleeding so much it's been blamed for last year's ebola outbreak?

Just a flesh wound.... tis a scratch :cry:

Gonna be worth it though next year though. Deciding, I want to do "this" one and not have to "pay" for it at the time, just sign up and make sure me and the bike are ready to go. Oil, rubber, and accumulation of spares is what I plan on buying throughout the summer.

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

Just a flesh wound.... tis a scratch :cry:

Gonna be worth it though next year though. Deciding, I want to do "this" one and not have to "pay" for it at the time, just sign up and make sure me and the bike are ready to go. Oil, rubber, tire warmers and accumulation of spares is what I plan on buying throughout the summer.

FIFY :) 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Trying to resist buying some twilight's for some random after work fun.....

I am going to pick up one or two at the end of the month. 

Im not as big of a fan of twilights, depending on the time of year. 

3 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I am going to pick up one or two at the end of the month. 

Im not as big of a fan of twilights, depending on the time of year. 

Yea its not a full day, but its better than an afternoon of 0 riding. I think I'm going to throw the track bodywerk on in the spring and I'll get cabin fever if I dont ride for too long. I see this as a way to get a little riding in without sacrificing a full day of work.

1 hour ago, F4iguy said:

I've done a few twilights.  They were pretty fun.  Fast paced as you alternate I and A every 20 minutes. I'll do some mid summer when sunset is latest.  I got a few at the 25% off so to me it's a good value.

Let me know when you go! We can chase each-other around at bit more.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Forgot to mention the wife and I got our certs last month, so it's a go.  Will be interesting for me on my supermoto.  I'll have to remember to stay inside on the exits since I wont be busting 150 on that back straight anymore LOL.  Be fun anyway.  Now to get these legs of mine back in the game!

Hope more can join this thing and get a strong OR presence...

@o-no-moto 

@DUBIE 

@oldschoolsdime92

@adamz_78

@granda080

16 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

Can I take the bags off the FJR have a go round?

I'd imagine so! I don't think there would be a problem with that so long as it is in good working order and passes tech and you have the correct riding gear! Though, I've heard Mid-O rents suits.